U.S. Capital Markets
- GSK Goes Skin Dipping with $2.9B Stiefel Buy. // BioWorld Today;4/22/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 76, p2
The article reports that GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) plc has purchased Stiefel Laboratories Inc. for $2.9 billion. The purchase enable the company to put together a stable of products that represent an 8% share of the global prescription dermatology market. GSK will also pay Stiefel an additional $300...
- The Latest on Fees (1/1/05 -- 5/25/05). // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/30/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 21, p24
The article presents statistical data related to the amount paid as fees in various mergers and acquisitions deals in the U.S. investment market. information is provided on the mode of payment in mergers and acquisition deals.
- Brookfield Asset to acquire Mills. // SCTXtra;1/22/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p1
The article informs that Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is buying Mills Corp. The deal has been finalized for about $7.5bn, including assumed debt. Brookfield focuses on property and other infrastructure assets. Until the merger, it will also provide Mills with debt financing. Mills hasn't...
- Accountant saves Leeds FC. // Accountancy;Apr2004, Vol. 133 Issue 1328, p8
Leeds United Football Club has been temporarily rescued by a Â£30 million takeover from a consortium led by chartered accountant Gerald Krasner as of April 2004. The club and a holding company were placed into administration prior, allowing the assets and reduced debts to be taken over by...
- LNR Being Acquired by Riley. // National Mortgage News;9/13/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p20
This article reports that LNR Prop. Corp., a real estate financing and development company, is being acquired by Riley Property Holdings for total consideration of about $3.8 billion, including the assumption of debt. LNR shareholders are to receive $63.10 per share in cash compensation. Riley...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: ENERGY & POWER. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/22/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 33, p40
This section presents statistical information on financial issues related to the energy and power sector in the U.S., as of August 22, 2005. Information includes graphs and tables showing: global energy underwriting volume; new issues in the energy sector; announced mergers and acquisitions in...
- KeyCorp Files for Trust-Preferred Offering. Mazzucca, Tim // American Banker;6/13/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 112, p19
The article focuses on KeyCorp of Cleveland, which filed a shelf registration for a trust-preferred offering. The company, which holds $93.4 billion in assets, says that it will use the capital it raises to reduce debt, repurchase shares and invest in the business and potential acquisitions.
- Europe Awaits Billion Euro Deal From Tata Steel. M. S. // High Yield Report;2/26/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of a British steel company by an Indian that could bring billion of new debt to the European market. Indian producer Tata Steel won a bid for U.K. steel company Corus Group in December. The acquisition will leave Corus a weakened credit profile. However,...
- M&A activity remains strong among brokerages. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;7/22/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 29, p26
Reports the prevalence of merger and acquisition activity among brokerages in the U.S. Benefits of risk managers on the merger activity; Factors contributing the growth of consolidations; Involvement of banks in the acquisition of insurance agencies and brokerages.