ARI Takes the Lead to Ensure Responsible Use of Refrigerants
- Suction-Line Accumulators. Marchese, Joe // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/2/2007, Vol. 230 Issue 14, p26
The article focuses on the capability of suction-line accumulators. The author describes a suction-line accumulator as a safety device used on a refrigeration system to prevent liquid refrigerant from returning to the compressor. Accumulators are only a safety gap for liquid refrigerant...
- Developing Next-gen Refrigerants. McQuade, Bill // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/20/2014, Vol. 253 Issue 8, p25
The article looks into the development of the next generation refrigerants in the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) industry. The author talks about the efforts of the industry to curb greenhouse gas emissions from automotive exhaust, mobile air conditioning and commercial...
- ASHRAE Supports Refrigerants. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/16/2009, Vol. 236 Issue 11, p4
The article focuses on the support given by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) for the heating and ventilation industry in the U.S. It mentions that natural refrigerants are gaining increased interest as well as offering the potential to...
- HARDI Thrives After Smooth Transition. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/29/2004, Vol. 223 Issue 13, p16
Reports on developments concerning the Heating, Air-conditioning & Refrigeration Distributors International (HARDI). Creation of HARDI following the merger of the Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Wholesalers International and the Northamerican Heating, Refrigeration and Airconditioning...
- Association Agenda. // Engineered Systems;Nov2003, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p88
Reports on activities of several organizations in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration industry in the U.S. as of November 2003. American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers; New Standard Institute; Association of Energy Engineers.
- Research Projects. Vaughn, Michael // ASHRAE Journal;Oct2003, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p46
Discusses the research projects of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating & Air Conditioning Engineers for 2003-2004. Sound attenuation properties of heating, ventilation and air conditioning plenums; Heat exchange risk analysis; Analysis of the dielectric properties of refrigerants.
- 2002 – 2003 ASHRAE Memorials and Honorariums. // ASHRAE Journal;Oct2003, Vol. 45 Issue 10, pHR24
Focuses on memorials and honorariums given to members and business associates of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating & Air Conditioning Engineers. Tom Anderton; Carol A. Carr; Brian Cunningham; Ken Friend.
- industry NEWS. Siegel, James J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/19/2004, Vol. 221 Issue 16, p4
Presents news updates on the air conditioning, heating and refrigeration industry,compiled as of April 19, 2004. Labor with Habitat Week to be launched by the Habitat for Humanity International; Mentoring program offered by the Air Conditioning Contractors of America; Views regarding the...
- industry NEWS. Checket-Hanks, B. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/12/2004, Vol. 222 Issue 11, p5
Presents news briefs of interest to refrigeration, heating and ventilation industry in the United States, compiled as of July 2004. American National Standards Institute Board of Standards Review's denial of an appeal for an addendum to American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air...