SCBA/PROTECTIVE CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT
- En Garde. // Fire Chief;Jul2009, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p82
The article evaluates several equipments and supplies for firefighters including the Defender visor helmet from Mine Safety Appliances Co., the Safety Site with light emitting diode (LED) light from Whelen Engineering Co., and the Power HV 14-inch structural bunker boot from Weinbrenner Shoe Co.
- LaCrosse FireTech. // Wildfire;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p34
Features the Cayenne and Blazer rugged wildfire firefighting boots from LaCrosse FireTech. Waterproof and fire- and chemical-resistant leather; Other key features.
- MSA Intends To Sell Its North American Ballistic Helmet Business. // Defense Daily International;3/29/2012, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p3
The article reports that Mine Safety Appliances Co. (MSA) has signed a non-binding letter of intent to sell its North America ballistic helmet business. MSA entered the ballistic helmet market in 2003 following the company's 2002 acquisition of French helmet manufacturer CFG Gallet. Over the...
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT Works for You. // Occupational Hazards;Apr2008, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p48
The article features the experience of fire fighters Bob Greenwald and Jason Greenwald, who were saved by fire helmets during an operation. Helmet maker Mine Safety Appliances Co. reported that both men believe that wearing their helmets with chinstraps on saved them from serious injuries. They...
- One-touch suspension for hard hats. // Concrete Construction;Mar2006, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p68
The article evaluates the One-Touch Suspension for hard hats used in construction industry from Mine Safety Appliances Co. in the U.S. It also offers information of its features, composition of materials and contact details of the product.
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT Works for You. // Occupational Hazards;Oct2005, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p64
Presents a letter written by mother Barbara Berard to commend the quality of a hardhat from Mine Safety Appliances Co. which saved the life of her son after a construction accident. Injuries suffered by the son due to the accident.
- Brand New. // Pit & Quarry;Jun2005, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p6
The article provides information on some of the new products related to the stone industry. Rockland Manufacturing Co.'s new line of Rocklock hydraulic excavator couplers are fully automatic. Operators never have to leave the cab when changing attachments, and they can pick up attachments...
- Multigas personal alarm. // Occupational Hazards;Jul97, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p29
Presents information on the Passport FiveStar Personal Alarm from MSA Incorporated of Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. Limited amount of sensors used in the alarm system; Features of the system.
- Respirator. // Professional Safety;Jun97, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p66
Offers a look at the Affinity PRO series Part 84-approved respirator introduced by Mine Safety Appliances Company (MSA). Information on the 42-CFR respirator also designed by MSA; Features of the respirators.