COMPUTERS & COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT
- Products. // RCR;11/8/99, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p60
Presents telecommunication products and supplies. Includes Tadiran Inc.'s Pulses Plus battery; Trimble's ACE UTC global positioning system module; Amik Inc.'s CallPrint software and cellular phone.
- Products. // Geospatial Solutions;Jun2004, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p53
Features products related to geographic information systems in the United States. Global positioning system camera from Ricoh; Geographic text solution from MetaCarta; Mapmaking software from Avenza Systems.
- GPS MARKETPLACE. // GPS World;Mar2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p52
Features various global positioning system (GPS) products in the United States. Air-Trak.com's Cloudberry software for use with Nextel i58sr and i88s GPS-enabled phones; OPHIR RF's 5125 broadband amplifier; Surveylab's geographic information system data-collection device.
- DeLorme XMap 4.5, XMap/GIS Editor, Data Products and Earthmate Blue Logger GPS. Limp, W. Fredrick // GEOWorld;Sep2005, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p50
Reviews several geomatics computer software from DeLorme. XMap 4.5 mapping software; XMap/Geographic Information System Editor geospatial data; Earthmate Blue Logger Global Positioning System unit.
- Compatible data for GPS/GIS. // Apply;Dec2005, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p14
The article introduces the AgriDNA software from the Consulting Company. The software tool will allow agricultural leaders, crop advisors and growers to download compatible standardized chemical, seed, fertilizer, equipment and general information into Global Positioning System/Geographic...
- GIS, GPS, County Uses, Concerns, and Considerations. Guttormsen, Sherri; Guttormsen, Hall // Assessment Journal;Winter2003, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p15
Discusses concerns and considerations in the county use of handheld global positioning system (GPS) units that allow access to new data, which can be added to the geographic information system (GIS) database in the U.S. Overview of GIS maintenance; Background on the reliability of GPS; Types of...
- POSITION. Danielson, Todd // GEOWorld;Dec2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p8
The author offers a perspective on the future of the geospatial technology industry. The author thinks that geographic exploration systems are quite few. The author acknowledges a tale about a father tracking his son using a personal location device. He predicts that cellular phones will include...
- IS iPHONE LEGAL? // APC (Bauer Media Group);Sep2009, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p9
The article focuses on the laws concerning the use of cellular telephones while driving in Australia. It reports that some higher-end navigators have global positioning receiver system (GPRS) transceivers built in to receive live traffic information or access live points of interest. It informs...
- GNSS Update. Lekkerkerk, Huibert-Jan // GEOInformatics;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p34
The article looks at the issue regarding signal disruption within the global positioning system (GPS) industry. It explores the complaints of mobile telecommunication providers for lack of spectrum and the data hunger of their users, which they noted may be solved by the use of additional...