- Web Processing Services for Shallow Landslide. Cannata, M.; Molinari, M. E.; Luan, T. Xuan; Long, N. Hung // International Journal of Geoinformatics;
This work evaluates the capability of Web Processing Service (WPS) to foster the shallow landslides hazard awareness. In particular this study demonstrates how the WPS can provide an ideal environment for the development of real-time applications by creating a process chain able to couple two...
- GIS-based Risk Analysis Simplifies Assessment Process. Adler, Dave; Beets, John // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Mar2012, Vol. 239 Issue 3, p24
The article focuses on NiSource Gas Transmission and Storage's (NGT&S) integration of geographic information system (GIS) with the risk assessment process. It states that the GIS-based risk analysis capability of NGT&S was started in 2009. It adds that the development of an enterprise GIS has...
- The JAL guide to software, courseware, and CD-ROM. Hernon, Peter; Smith, Allen // Journal of Academic Librarianship;May97, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p264
Reviews the geographic information system called Maptitude developed by Caliper Corp.
- Fast Processors, Furious Hard Drives Fire Up ArcGIS 3D Analyst. Thrall, Grant Ian // Geospatial Solutions;Oct2002, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p44
Evaluates the ArcGIS 3D Analyst 8.2 software for geographic information systems (GIS). Enumeration of basic features; Capacity to analyze earth elevation; Description of the three-dimensional visualization, topographical analysis and surface creation capabilities. INSET: Glossary.
- Software, data base help FRA analyze railroads. Richman, Michael // Traffic World;6/20/94, Vol. 238 Issue 12, p45
Presents an overview of the uses of the TransCAD software and the Geographic Information System (GIS) data base in the transportation industry. Compilation of the GIS data base; Using TransCAD to access and manipulate GIS data; Display of specific regions in map form; Advantages of TransCAD owners.
- Software. // Geospatial Solutions;Aug2002, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p34
Features computer software relevant to Geographic Information System, compiled as of August 2002. R2V version 5.5. by Able Software Corp.; HTML Image Mapper by ALTA4 Geoinformatik AG; ACORN 4 by Analytical Imaging and Geophysics LLC.; Autodesk Map Series by Autodesk, Inc.
- Tech. // Planning;Jul99, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p32
Focuses on some geographic information system tools. GeoMedia Web Enterprise from Intergraph Corp.; QStat database package; ArchT software from Visio Corp.; Digital Elevation Models from Sure! MAPS.
- Study reveals water, wastewater trends in AM/FM/GIS. Fowler, Alison // WaterWorld;Oct95, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the result of a survey which indicate that water and wastewater utility managers are planning projects using the compute software Automated Mapping and Facilities Management and geographic information system technology in the United States. Identifying hardware, software, conversion...
- RESHAPING THE LANDSCAPE. Donaldson, Sonya A. // Black Enterprise;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p48
Provides information on the Geographic Information System computer software. Key features; Price.