Paris Hilton to the Rescue
- Digital insertion products open local ad gateways. Plotkin, Amanda // Advertising Age;3/25/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 13, p32
The article explains that the flexibility, quality and reliability of local cable television in the U.S. is improved by digital ad insertion systems at cable interconnects and local cable operators. The programs enable advertisers to customize spots specific zones. Digital ad insertion permits...
- New campaigns. Lucas, Sloane // Adweek Western Edition;11/03/97, Vol. 47 Issue 44, p16
Focuses on the Home Box Office (HBO) cable television network's commercials. What the commercials depict; Who directed the commerical; Identification of the advertising agency.
- TNT Classic Movies is... // Campaign;01/29/99, Issue 4, p16
Focuses on the move of cable television network TNT to introduce advertisements during breaks in their films.
- ITV revenues likely to fall by one-fifth in April. // Marketing Week;3/8/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p13
Reports on the expected fall of advertising revenue of British television network ITV in April 2001. Impact of Internet companies; Projected percentage drop in advertising revenue.
- Channel 4 ad payout: $90 mil. Kaye, Jeff // Hollywood Reporter;2/9/95, Vol. 335 Issue 48, p17
Reports that Channel 4 will pay $90 million to the ITV channels because its advertising sales exceeded the limit set under the British Broadcasting Act of 1990. Advertising earnings of Channel 4 in 1994.
- CNBC: Double-digit drop. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;08/04/97, Vol. 7 Issue 30, p8
Reports that cable television network CNBC will address its underdelivery to its advertisers. Decline of network's post-ratings analysis by 25 to 30 percent below its guarantees to advertisers.
- MEDIA CHOICE / HALLMARK ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK. Burdett, Richard // Marketing (00253650);6/15/2000, p9
Comments on the prospects of British television network Hallmark Entertainment Network as media for advertising. Hallmark's possession of focus needed in thematic channels; Aim of the channel to offer made-for-television movies, mini-series and dramas.
- Is ITV set to make great leap forward into direct sales TV? Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;12/12/97, Issue 50, p24
Describes the call-handling technology program offered by ITV to boost its television advertising sales. Benefits of the program; Advantages of direct sales.
- VH-1 wasn't looking. Baar, Aaron // Adweek Eastern Edition;12/8/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 49, p42
Reports that the vignettes of Johnny Amsterdamn were intended to reach VH-1's older-yet-still-hip audience. Message depicted on Johnny's television advertisement; Creator of the advertisement.