Building a Sexy Four-Play
- Comcast subscribers almost stop cancelling cable. Svensson, Peter // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;2/22/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p4
The article states that Comcast Corp. has been able to reduce the outflow of cable subscribers in the October to December quarter of 2011 as compared to the same quarter a year earlier.
- Get on the Wireless Path to the Consumer. Britt, Glenn // Television Week;4/17/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p10
The article explains the impact of consumers on the focus of U.S. cable operators on wireless communication systems in 2006. He comments on the evolution of the media and entertainment business. He also offers information on the popularity of Web sites such as MySpace.com and YouTube.com.
- Overbuilders' Problem: Slim Returns. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p52
The article reports on the results of a study on the competitive threat of telecommunication companies, overbuilders and new technologies like wireless fidelity to cable television monopoly in the U.S. Cable analyst Craig Moffett found that while marginal returns for cable companies are strong,...
- Clusters Count in the San Joaquin Valley. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);6/23/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p30
Presents information on the cable systems provided by Comcast Corp. to the Hispanics in Fresno, California. Average cost per point for prime-time cable; Actions taken by Comcast to help bring advertising buys in the state; Benefits offered by the state to the company. INSETS: MEET THE...
- Giving the cable industry something to gush about. Wallace, David J. // America's Network;2/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p36
Profiles Comcast Corp., a cable television company based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Segments of the telecommunication industry which Comcast is involved in; Comcast Metrophone as a cellular operator owned by the company; Business and management strategies used; Marketing; Joint ventures...
- Comcast's thePlatform reaches for cloud with Virtual TV Framework. // CED;Oct2013, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p31
The article reports that Comcast Corp.'s thePlatform has launched its Virtual TV Framework, which allows cable service providers to replicate their 24-hour, live, linear programming and video on demand (VOD) television services via the cloud.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has announced the launch of its four minority-owned networks for its cable-television systems.
- C3 stepping out with a capital idea. Flint, Joe // Variety;03/17/97, Vol. 366 Issue 7, p25
Looks at developments concerning cable firm Comcast Corp.'s programming division Comcast Content and Communication (CCC) in the United States. CCC as majority owner of cable network E! Entertainment Television; Rich Frank as chairman of CCC; Structuring of CCC as a venture capital firm; Ability...
- Comcast faces service hassles in Detroit. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;01/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the problems being faced by Comcast Corp. in Detroit, Michigan. Service problems and possible financial penalties; Default on service standards on cable franchise.