- EchoStar in deal with HBO. Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;7/27/95, Vol. 338 Issue 13, p12
Reports on start-up direct broadcast satellite operator EchoStar's lineup of its first major pay television affiliation agreement with Home Box Office. Offer of five Multichannel Cinemax services as part of a single package; Start of consumer delivery tests in late 1995 with the first major...
- EchoStar Hits 6 Million Subs, Ergen Confirms DirecTV Bid. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/25/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p12
Announces the accumulation of six million subscribers to the DISH Network cable television of EchoStar of Littleton, Colorado. Reasons for increase of Dish Network subscribers; Speculations on the purchase of DirectTV by Echostar; Plans of Echostar for further expansion.
- Will Stocks of Cable Ever Be Stable? Robichaux, Mark // Multichannel News;8/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p32
The author reflects on the implications of the instability of cable stocks for cable operators in the U.S. He mentions that in 2007, stocks had a 28% decline, an increase by 40% in 2006 and down 10% in 2005 and 8% decrease in 2004. He explains that the up-and-down stock price would give cable...
- Gone Fishin'. Brady, Shirley // CableFAX Daily;11/2/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 213, p2
The article reports on the launch of Water Channel and Club Blue cable television networks by EchoStar. The networks are owned and operated by MCE Television Networks.
- THE B&C. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/8/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 19, p24
Presents several tables that provide information on the performance of broadcast and cable networks in the U.S. stock market from April 28 to May 4, 2006 including Cablevision, Comcast and Viacom.
- Dish night at EchoStar. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;09/28/98, Vol. 128 Issue 40, p43
Reports that the EchoStar Communications Corp. had given its Dish Network hardware, a direct broadcasting satellite service (DBS), to customers who have signed long-term contracts for its more expensive programming package in the United States (US). Inclusions of the offer; Reasons people don't...
- EchoStar: Broadcaster wants $500M. // Multichannel News;03/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p67
Reports that EchoStar Communications Corp. has accused a television broadcasting group of demanding $500 million to transmit its signals to Dish Network subscribers. Station's implementation of surcharges for EchoStar subscribers; Extension of the station's retransmission consent to cable...
- Multiplatform Fare. Brady, Shirley // CableFAX Daily;4/4/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 64, p2
Presents updates on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of April 4, 2006. Contribution of mobile and online media in the subscriber growth of Food Network; Plan of EchoStar to offer high-definition programming from Food Network.
- Dish Network Passes 12 Million Customer Milestone. // Satellite Today;1/5/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p3
The article focuses on the announcement by Echostar Communications Corp. that its Dish Network cable television network passed the 12 million customer milestone in late December 2005. The number of subscribers of Dish Network in December 1997 is revealed as well as the number of its customers in...