Ultimate Male Solutions
- Spike TV: Pushing the Limit. Motavalli, John // Television Week;9/1/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the plan of cable television channel Spike TV to launch television programs designed to attract young male viewers. Opportunities from the target viewers; Kinds of shows that the station will launch; Factors that affect the trend of targeting the young male demography.
- Contest indicates large audience for cable TV. // Marketing News;11/30/1979, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the response of cable TV viewers in the U.S. to the Great Outdoor Giveway promotion over the Movie Time program in 1979. Number of responses to the promotion; Mechanics of the contest; Overview of the prizes that were given out.
- ITV in revamp of daytime to stem viewing decline. // Marketing (00253650);3/16/2000, p3
Reports on ITV's overhaul of its daytime television programs to address a viewership decline in Great Britain.
- Why ITV will need more than `millionaires' to cement revival. Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;3/25/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p17
Comments on the effectiveness of the program schedule changes made by cable television network, ITV in gaining more audiences in Great Britain. Examples of programs scheduled at times to attract viewer attention; Questions addressed by the network to improve its competitive condition against...
- If You Can't Beat 'Em... Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/30/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p31
Focuses on the move of cable television networks to adopt music downloading and video game trends to attract young men viewers. Popular activities of young men; Video game-oriented television programs featured in network G4; Percentage of increase in the young men viewers of MTV2 during the...
- Makeovers Losing Luster. Hibberd, James // Television Week;9/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p1
Focuses on the efforts of makeover television programs in the U.S. to improve their viewership and ratings. Decline in viewership of several self-improvement and home remodeling shows; Factor which contributed to the decline in ratings of the television program genre; Series of makeover shows...
- Dose of reality for Sky One lineup. Turner, Mimi // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/20/2002, Vol. 374 Issue 42, p10
Reports on the action-packed reality-based programs that digital entertainment channel Sky One plans to show in Great Britain. Audiences targeted by the channel; Channel's share in total television viewership in Great Britain; Name of the program that shows British martial arts students who...
- Off-net and off-the-mark. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;10/21/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 43, p11
Reports on efforts of cable networks in the U.S. to increase viewers by reruns of some popular programs. Performance of the rerun of the television program 'The Larry Sanders Show' by cable television network Bravo; Rerun television programs started since September 2002; Amount of money paid by...
- Sports Net Costs, by the Numbers. BAINE, DEREK // Multichannel News;2/4/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p25
In this article, the author comments on heavy rise in the costs of sports channel and its impact on cable television viewers.