Verizon: We Sell Naked DSL
- Spitzer Wants 'Naked' DSL. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;5/16/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p4
Focuses on the views of New State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer on the bundling policy implemented by Verizon Communications Inc. in marketing its digital subscriber line (DSL) service. Overview of Verizon's bundling policy in marketing; Implications of Verizon's marketing strategy for rival...
- RBOCs report strong demand for DSL services. Martin, Michael // Network World;02/05/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p23
Reports on an explosive growth in year 2000 of digital subscribe line (DSL) numbers for the regional Bell operating companies in the United States. Subscribers of SBC Communications, Verizon Communications, Qwest Communications and Bellsouth; Reasons for the rise in DSL numbers.
- Qwest Launches DSL Service. Wilson, Carol // Inter@ctive Week;08/09/99, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p8
Reports that Qwest Communications has announced plans to use Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) access services from Covad Communications and RhythmsNet. Goal of Qwest; Fees for the basic service.
- MCI opts for Verizon, shuns Qwest. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Apr2005, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p233
The article reports that SBC Communication Inc. has accepted the bid of Verizon Communications Inc. to take over the company. Qwest Communications International Inc. has increased its bid to 7.3 billion dollar after Verizon matched its 6.3 billion dollar offer. SBC and Verizon have been planning...
- Adding more value to the mix. Labarba, Liane H. // Telephony;07/05/99, Vol. 237 Issue 1, p20
Announces that Qwest Communications will be using the digital subscriber line and wireless technologies of Redback Networks. Terms of the deal; Applications of the Redback equipment; Implication on Internet service providers.
- SOURCES: QWEST PICKS ALCATEL AS VENDOR FOR DSL EXPANSION. Torre, Vince // Telephony;5/26/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 11, p15
Reports on Qwest Communications Inc.'s awarding of a contract to Alcatel Corp. to provide digital subscriber line access multiplexers for an expansion of high-speed Internet access service in the U.S. Qwest's reasons for choosing Alcatel.
- Qwest and IXC join big boys with DSL offerings. Greene, Tim // Network World;08/09/99, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p8
Informs that long-haul carriers QWest and IXC are separately adding digital subscriber line (DSL) services to their local access portfolios. Partial price list of DSL Internet access offerings; DSL local access option seen as less expensive that alternative connections.
- Broadband Voice Rises. Scanlon, Bill // Interactive Week;8/27/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p20
Focuses on the Voice-over-broadband (VoB) gateways developed by several companies. List of companies that provide digital subscriber lines (DSL); Details of the disclosure statement issued by Qwest regarding DSL; Percentage of decrease in the share of VoB.
- Qwest DLEC Pushes Boundaries. Iler, David // Multichannel News;02/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p45
Reports on the plans of Qwest Communications International Inc. to offer data local exchange carrier (DCLEC) services to businesses in Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, Maryland. Part of plans to offer DCLEC services in major metro markets by end of 2001; Building of its digital subscriber line...