IFC's Summer of Buzz
- Time Buy on Trio's Side in Philly. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p8
Reports that arts network Trio has bought a 90-minute block on Fox Broadcast Network's Philadelphia affiliate. Programs that Trio will air during the slot on December 14, 2002; Advantages of airing the programs to Trio; Purpose for which Trio will screen a toll-free number during the slot;...
- 'The island' goes global. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);10/31/2002, p18
Reports on the marketing strategy of Qatar-based Arabic television channel, Al Jazeera, which has emerged as a serious player on the global media stage. Viewership of the channel in Great Britain; Revenue sources of the channel; Benefits of broadcasting Al Qaida chief Osama Bin Laden's tapes to...
- Movie buffs find screen gems on cable TV. Mason, M.S. // Christian Science Monitor;6/9/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 139, p16
Reports on classic motion pictures being aired on cable television, in light of festivals of networks on which the motion pictures are broadcasting.
- Future stock: Movie libraries dictate next cable net battle. Dempsey, John // Variety;5/29/95, Vol. 359 Issue 5, p21
Reports that theatrical movies are becoming the battleground for the cable-network wars of the late 1990s. Cable television operators' search for movie channels; Expansion of channel capacity.
- SUMMER MOVIE HITS. // Multichannel News;7/26/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p10
The article lists the top most-watched cable movies of 2010 including "The Client's List," "Revenge of the Bridesmaids," and "Meteor Storm."
- in the news. // Variety;4/26/2010, Vol. 418 Issue 11, p2
Presented are brief news stories concerning the entertainment industry including information on motion pictures and cable television.
- 5Qs with Jennifer Caserta, svp, marketing, IFC. // CableFAX Daily;2/21/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p3
Interviews Jennifer Caserta, senior vice president of marketing for IFC, about the Web site Media Lab where filmmakers can post their short films and visitors can watch them. Brief description of the site; Possible impact of the site on the company; Benefit of the site to cable television...
- A Powerful Franchise. // Broadcasting & Cable;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 132 Issue 45, p12
Reports on the broadcasting schedule of the U.S. cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) for the sports programs for the year 2003. Coverage of memorable boxing matches featured on HBO; Details of upcoming sports documentaries.
- Encore updates its mix of pics. Dempsey, John // Variety;06/29/98, Vol. 371 Issue 8, p18
Announces the upgrading of motion picture lineup in Encore cable television network in 1998. Details on the lineup.