Fishing For Excellence
- The Great Node Hunt:. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 184, p2
The article reports on the claims that Time Warner Cable Inc. is offering $50 to its employees in Houston, Texas for every one AT&T VRAD located. VRAD are cabinets on the street that let AT&T deliver fiber and copper to the home. The campaign is similar to Cox's ID-A-DISH program in Northern...
- High Speed Surfing gets DOCSIS nod. // CED;Jun2000, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on the DOCSIS 1.0 CableLabs seal of certification awarded to High Speed Surfing Inc. in California. Impact of the seal on the business operations of the company; List of other companies awarded with the certificate.
- Brokaw/Couric/Moyers to anchor onMSNBC. R.B // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p48
Reports that Tom Brokaw, Katie Couric and Bill Moyers, will host a live, prime time news and talk show on MSNBC when the network launches in July 1996. Features of the network; Information on the network's daily evening newscast; Projection on cable subscribers.
- Mixed Minority Report for Cable. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p10
Highlights the results of a survey conducted on the employment of minorities in the cable television industry. Employment of Afro-Americans in the industry; Percentage of key management positions held by Asians.
- Showtime staff getting word on job reductions. Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;4/19/95, Vol. 336 Issue 45, p6
Reports on the restructuring plans of Showtime for its staff in New York, N.Y. Impetus for the restructuring plans; Network's claim of the restructuring as nothing more than smart management and belt-tightening.
- This is CNN. Ford, Gary D. // Southern Living;Apr94, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p149
Presents the staff of the Cable News Network (CNN). Broadcast journalist Catherine Callaway; CNN Executive Vice President Ed Turner; Midday anchorman Bobbie Battista; CNN President Tom Johnson; Weather forecaster Karen Maginnis.
- Cable movers and shakers. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/2/94, Vol. 124 Issue 18, p30
Presents news about the movement of American cable industry executives. Hiring of Mike Tanaka as executive producer for NBC's cable network America's Talking; NBC veteran Warren Vandeveer as CNBC and America's Talking vice president for technical operations; Harriet Seitler as Q2 senior vice...
- Cable. // MediaWeek;10/24/94, Vol. 4 Issue 41, p43
Reports on promotions and appointments in the cable television industry in the United States. Includes Donald Ershow as senior vice president of advertising sales at Multimedia Entertainment's The Talk Channel; Dawn Hill as vice president of affiliate sales for The Talk Channel's Eastern...
- PEOPLE. // Multichannel News;12/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p30
Presents appointments of people to various posts related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of December 2002. Promotion of Isabelle Hen-Wollmarker to the post of vice president of marketing for AETN International, a division of A&E Television Networks; Appointment of David Lougee...