Cable Nets' Upfront Moving--Slowly
- Agencies aren't worried by Kellogg's deal with Cartoon Network. Beer, Rebecca // Campaign (UK);8/9/2002, Issue 31, p18
Reports the licensing deals between Kellogg and Cartoon Network in Great Britain. Launch of multimedia summer advertising campaign; Target customers; Sponsorship of television show.
- Upfront flawed, but invaluable. // Advertising Age;5/15/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 21, ps6
Presents a discussion at a forum on upfront advertising comprised of six television media executives and a reporter from `Advertising Age' magazine. Outlook for the upfront market; Sensibility of spending large amounts such as 10 billion dollars in three days on upfront advertising; Concept...
- Australia ends ban on cable TV spots. Burbury, Rochelle // Advertising Age International;Mar1997, pI22
Anticipates Australia's lifting a ban on cable television advertising on July 1, 1997. Cable operators' jockeying for position for first chance at advertising revenues; Results of studies prediction advertising revenue from cable television; Multichannel clients' interest in channels like CNN,...
- Cable ads hit narrow target. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;09/01/97, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p19
Reports on the growing advertising segment of cable television companies in Tucson, Arizona. Advantages offered by cable television over radio and television; Price range of a 30-second television commercial spot.
- TvB eyes cable cannibas. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;01/20/97, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p6
Reports that the Television Bureau of Advertising has pointed out that only three of the ten highest-rated basic cable networks in prime time registered ratings increases in its 1996 fourth-quarter ratings analysis. Impact on top networks; Results of the Nielsen Media Research top cable network...
- Basic viewers on the rise. Marchand, Nolan // Broadcasting & Cable;04/19/99, Vol. 129 Issue 16, p90
Cites the increase in cable television viewers in the United States during the first full week of April 1999, according to the Cable Advertising Bureau. Prime-time household delivery of advertising-supported cable; Aggregate prime-time audience of the Big Four television networks.
- Mexican Ad Dispute Continues Deadlocked. Dallas, Jo // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p60
Focuses on the conflict between wireless-cable operators and programmers over the industry's advertising market in Mexico. Threat by MVS Multivision SA to block the commercials of international networks; Operators' complaint against pan-regional programmers that sell pan-regional advertisements...
- Sports hits its stride in 3rd QTR. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;7/12/93, Vol. 3 Issue 28, p26
Reports on the activities of cable television networks. Cable's wait for the various broadcast network daypart upfronts; Third quarter scanner and comments from buyers; Buyers' attempt to work third quarter deals ino their upfront negotiations for extra leverage; Sports business in cable as...
- Philly Interconnect Gets Hardwired. // Multichannel News;06/05/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p42
Reports on Philadelphia Interconnect's plan to become hardwired interconnect cable television network. Rounding out the list of the top ten media markets; Creation of a single order and single invoice system; Running of commercials simultaneously throughout its distribution market area.