Ops Open Data Vaults
- Cable systems to take on Nielsen. Atkinson, Claire // Advertising Age;7/19/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 29, p3
Reports on the negotiations between the cable TV industry and media advertising agencies in the U.S., regarding audience measurement systems which could rival the digital offering from Nielsen Media Research. Plans of Nielsen on tracking video-on-demand (VOD) services; Forecasts for the...
- ME TV. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;6/13/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 24, p24
Focuses on the initiatives of the cable industry to develop giant digital video recorders (DVR) for TV viewers to personalized their on-demand video service in the U.S. Technical and content rights issues associated with commercializing the recorders; Techniques in applying DVR; Cable operators...
- Cable's Big Piece of the Pie. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;12/30/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 52, p8
Reports that according to a research conducted by Neilson Media Research basic cable had a larger share of audience than the broadcasters in 2002. Percentage of prime time audience claimed by Cable; Reason why the share of cable rose in 2002; Cable programs that were popular in 2002. INSET: How...
- Nielsen nixes Nick's split personalities. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/12/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the decision of Nielsen Media Research Inc. to end its experiment of listing Nickelodeon and Nick at Nite separately in primetime even though they are two halves of the same cable network in the U.S. Performance of the two among total viewers and key demographic categories; Reaction...
- Summer Cable Ratings Soar As Broadcast Remains Flat. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;9/6/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p4
Reports on the ratings posted by major television broadcasting networks in the U.S. for Summer 2004, according to Nielsen Media research data. Information on the growth of advertising-supported cable ratings; Decline in the number of viewers of Fox network, despite the launching of several new...
- Capturing Asia's adventure lovers. Madden, Normandy; Osborne, Magz // Ad Age Global;Jul2001, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p15
Reports that Discovery Channel and National Geographic are competing for the adventure inclined cable television viewers in Asia. Information on their cable television programs; Investments of the competitors; Information on the market.
- CABLE RISKS ORIGINAL TRAFFIC JAM. Dempsey, John // Variety;09/04/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on the risks facing cable television networks in the United States when getting viewers watch a new weekly series. Efforts of some networks on the matter; Statements from networks executives.
- N.Y. Cablevision subs: Don't change our dial! Grossman, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/10/2002, Vol. 376 Issue 23, p14
Focuses on difficulties faced by cable television viewers in New York City due to overhauling of channel lineup by the city-based cable operator Cablevision. Reasons why Cablevision has to make the move; Changes that can be made by cable operators once they get permission for digital...
- India cable access up. Pearson, Bryan // Daily Variety;6/21/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 15, p8
Reports on the increase in the access of television homes to cable and television satellite in India.