- Cable Networks Take the May Sweeps. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;6/7/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p8
Provides an update on the cable television industry as of June 2004. Average household primetime rating from September 22, 2003 through May 26, 2004; Cable's share in the concluded 2003-04 TV season; Statement from Steve Koonin, Turner Broadcasting System Superstation and Turner Network...
- Fall Is Now Prime Time for Cable. Guthrie, Marisa // Broadcasting & Cable;9/8/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 35, p2
The article reports on the stiffer competition faced by broadcast networks for original-programming success in the U.S. In September 2008, Turner Network Television (TNT)'s "Raising the Bar," became the most-watched-rate premiere in advertising-supported cable history. The network held "Starter...
- TNT. // Advertising Age;2008 Cable Guide, Vol. 79, pC84
The article focuses on the cable television network TNT, owned and operated by Turner Broadcasting Systems. The network has the largest schedule of original prime time programs in cable television, including the ratings success "The Closer." TNT also has a significant schedule of sports...
- In June, TNT and Fox Explode. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/7/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 27, p4
Reports on performance of various cable television networks in broadcasting industry according to rating for prime time. Comparison of ratings for the year 2002 and year 2003; Lead of cable television network Turner Network television and Fox News Channel; Estimation of rating for prime time...
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;5/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 101, p2
The article focuses on the coverage of the National Basketball Association playoffs which helped Turner Network Television (TNT) score the highest ratings of 2.42 million for the third straight week, as of May 2006. The former highest network, USA, placed second, followed by the Disney Channel....
- Ratingspalooza:. // CableFAX Daily;6/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 106, p2
Reports that ad-supported cable has beaten broadcast networks in household ratings for the second consecutive broadcast season in 2006. Record set by both cable and broadcast networks' ratings performance; Rank obtained by USA based on total viewers and demographics in prime time.
- THE PRIME TIME RACE. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/8/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 49, p14
Highlights the top 10 prime time cable shows, broadcast shows and broadcast networks in the U.S. for the week of November 24 to 30, 2003. "All Grown Up"; "Law & Order"; CBS; NBC; "CSI: Miami"; "Everybody Loves Raymond."
- THE PRIME TIME RACE. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/8/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 36, p22
Presents a tabular representation of the top cable prime time television programs in the U.S. from August 25 to 31, 2003. "Video Music Awards"; "Law & Order"; "VMA Post Show."
- Basic Cable Poised to Win the Year. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;5/24/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p14
Reports on the growth posted by basic cable television on its primetime share through the 2003-04 season to date in comparison with the seven broadcast networks, according to a Turner Broadcasting System Inc. analysis of Nielsen Media Research Inc. data. Comments from Jack Wakshlag, Turner...