Unemployed Workers, 'Enforced Leisure' and Education for 'The Right Use of Leisure' in Britain in the 1930s
- Learning through the built environment. // Adults Learning;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p5
Reports that the Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment's Educational Foundation will be launched in May 2003. Aim of the charitable foundation.
- Print charity gives to Prince's Trust. // PrintWeek;7/6/2012, p6
The article reports on the donation given by The Printing Charity to The Prince's Trust youth charity for the benefit of unemployed young people in Yorkshire, England.
- Oxfam boycotts Help to Work. Burne James, Sam // Third Sector;5/6/2014, Issue 796, p5
The article reports on the opposition of about 30 charities and voluntary organisations, including Oxfam, against the Help Work programme in which unemployed people will lose their benefits unless they commit to volunteer in Great Britain as of May 6, 2014.
- The forgotten white working class. Holmström, Radhika // Third Sector;4/30/2008, p21
The article reports that funders are starting to notice some of the most deprived white working communities who have felt neglected in Great Britain. It notes the decision of the Allen Lane Foundation to identify projects working with white men. It cites another project co-funded by John Lyon's...
- WORTH NOTING. // Credit Union Journal;3/3/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p3
Reports developments related to the credit unions in the U.S. as of March 2003. Donations of CUNA Mutual Group and Liberty to the National Credit Union Foundation Sunday; Workshops sponsored by the Marketing Association of Credit Union; Strategic plan of the West Virginia League.
- Branding workshop offered by Nonprofit Service Center. // Fort Worth Business Press;3/7/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p9
Presents an update on non-profit organizations in Texas as of March 7, 2003. Workshop on branding from The Nonprofit Service Center; Number of grants awarded by the Burlington North Santa Fe Foundation in 2002; Donations of Pier 1 to Cancer Care Services.
- REQUISITE FOR YOUR NEW EMPLOYEES. // Supply House Times;Dec2002, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p63
Reports on the training program introduced by the American Supply Association Education Foundation in the U.S. Trainor of the workshop; Reaction of participants to the course; Recommendations of distributors in using the program.
- ASCAP/Disney Musical Theatre. McBride, Murdoch // Back Stage;10/19/98, Vol. 39 Issue 42, p5
Provides information on the Fourth Annual ASCAP Foundation/Disney Musical Theater Workshop to be held in Burbank, California in January-February 1999. Opportunities provided for the participants; Requirements from participants; Deadline for entries.
- LET US TAKE STOCK. // Saturday Evening Post;1/10/1931, Vol. 203 Issue 28, p25
The article focuses on the issue of unemployment and poverty in the U.S. It states the implications of the apprehension of citizens to give donations to help the unemployed. It stresses that 2,500,000 people were unemployed in the U.S. in 1931. It suggests ways to address the problem of...