A Hazardous Bargain: Occupational Risk in Cornish Mining 1875â€“1914
- More employers are planning to recruit. // Personnel Today;Jun2004 Supp Recruitment, p33
The article reports that manpower's latest Great Britain Net Employment Survey shows that 16 percent of Great Britain organisations are planning to take on more staff in the second quarter of 2004, representing a moderate quarter-on-quarter increase which is relatively stable year-on-year....
- Texas Nonagricultural Wage and Salary Employment (Seasonally Adjusted). // Texas Labor Market Review;Apr2011, p1
The article reports on the status of nonagricultural employment in Texas. It is stated that the state's nonagricultural employment increased by 37,200 jobs in March 2011, continuing a string of over-the-month growth that stretches unbroken back to October 2010. The mining and logging industry of...
- The 'Tsvetmetpromeksport' All-Union Association. Kuprevich, R. // Soviet & Eastern European Foreign Trade;Winter85/86, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p68
Discusses contributions made by the All-Union Export-Import Association 'Tsvetmetpromeksport' to the technological and economic cooperation between the Soviet Union and other countries. Role of the association in the construction of nonferrous metallurgy plants; Provision of technical...
- SNL Metals & Mining. // Mining World;Dec2014, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that the budget for nonferrous metals exploration worldwide was estimated a decline by about 25% as described in the "SNL Metals & Mining' Corporate Exploration Strategies" study.
- Exploration news. // Canadian Mining Journal;Dec2005, Vol. 126 Issue 9, p7
The article presents an update of issues and events related to the mining industry in Canada as of December 2005. The Mineral Titles Branch of the British Columbia Ministry of Energy and Mines received an award of excellence at the 2005 Regional User Conference of ESRI Canada held in Victoria,...
- Nonferrous Exploration Spending Tops $18B in 2011. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Dec2011, Vol. 212 Issue 10, p32
The article focuses on the 22nd edition of Corporate Exploration Strategies survey by the Metal Economics Group (MEG), which shows that the estimated world-wide 2011 exploration spending of nonferrous metals amount to 18.2 billion dollars.
- ALASKA TRENDS. Davidson, Paul // Alaska Business Monthly;Sep2013, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p144
A table is presented which provides information on the economic indicators of Alaska during May 2013 including the employment rate, the petroleum/mining industry and the real estate industry.
- Brisbane finance jobs fall on mining slowdown. Kennedy, Chris // Money Management;9/27/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p10
The article offers information on the decreasing financial services jobs in Brisbane, Queensland due to a lowdown in mining sector.
- The Ring of Fire, First Nations and the rebirth of mining. Sudol, Stan // Northern Ontario Business;Jun2010, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p4
The article outlines the development of the mining industry including the annual Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada convention, Cliffs NAtural Resources and employment development for Aboriginal communities in Canada.