The Last Word on Communism
- A REPLY TO CRITICS. Campbell, Alan; McIlroy, John // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Dec2004, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p373
This article presents a reply to the comments made on an editorial about the history of the Communist Party of Great Britain (CPGB). Critic Nina Fishman states that the CPGB squandered the revolutionary will of British workers. Her citation provides no corroboration. Other critics provide...
- Miners, Unions and Politics (Book). Wrigley, Chris // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Spring1997, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p61
Reviews the book "Miners, Unions and Politics," edited by Alan Campbell, Nina Fishman and David Howell.
- IS CPGB HISTORY IMPORTANT? A REPLY TO HARRIET JONES. Campbell, Alan; McIlroy, John // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Dec2003, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p385
The article presents a reply to a paper by Harriet Jones, director of the Institute of Contemporary British History, which deals with the history of the Communist Party of Great Britain (CPGB). The basis of Jones's report is the propagation of categorizations of British Communist historiography...
- The British Communist Party and Moscow, 1920-1943 (Book). Silverman, Victor // American Historical Review;Jun2002, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p941
Reviews the book 'The British Communist Party and Moscow, 1920-1943,' by Andrew Thorpe.
- Opening the Books: Essays on the Social and Cultural History of British Communism. Wrigley, Chris // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Spring96, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p133
The article reviews the book "Opening the Books: Essays on the Social and Cultural History of British Communism," edited by Geoff Andrews, Nina Fishman and Kevin Morgan.
- CPGB HISTORY AT THE CENTRE OF CONTEMPORARY HISTORY 2002: A REJOINDER. Thorpe, Andrew // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Dec2004, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p385
This article presents a rejoinder to the reply of authors John McIlroy and Alan Campbell to Harriet Jones' Conference Report on the history of the Communist Party of Great Britain (CPGB), published in an issue of the 'Labor History Review.' A round-table panel at the Institute of Contemporary...
- Lincolnshire haulier invests in Volvo FM Dual Clutch. // Commercial Motor;1/14/2016, Vol. 225 Issue 5670, p4
The article reports that according to Andrew Thorpe, manager of L&K R Thorpe Transport, the company has invested in the Dual Clutch transmission system from automaker Volvo.
- Howell named MD of M&C Thailand. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;4/6/2007, Special section p8
The article reports on the appointment of David Howell as the managing director of M&C Saatchi Thailand.
- Fabulous fabrics come out of the shadows. Chown, Marcus // New Scientist;5/13/95, Vol. 146 Issue 1977, p10
Comments on the improved lighting facilities to be adopted at Britain's museums and stately homes to produce a better effect of the historical treasures. Statement to the effect by David Howell, the conservation scientist at the Historic Royal Palaces Agency.