'Otherness' Plus the Three Cs Minus Orwell: 'The Wigan Pier Experience'
- Heritage Centre Plan. // Railways Illustrated;Jan2006, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on submission of plans by Shrewsbury Railway Heritage Trust to the Borough Council to restore the old Shropshire & Montgomeryshire Railway's Abbey Foregate station. It is aimed to be used as a heritage and community centre, exhibition hall and museum of the line.
- Attendance up at heritage institutions. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;12/13/2002, p6
Reports on the growth of Canada's heritage institutions. Expanding memberships; Increase in attendance; Increase in revenues; Higher government grants in 1999; Percentage increase in attendance at museums; Earned revenues of nature parks in Canada.
- Museum News, Jewels, Cartoons, and More. Cavagnaro, Dennis A. // British Heritage;Apr/May2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p16
Presents news concerning museums and other heritage sites all over the world, compiled as of April 2001. Plans for the exhibition 'Eternal Egypt: Masterworks of Ancient Art from the British Museum,' in the United States; Designation of the Blaenvon in Wales as a World Heritage Site by the...
- LT Pencils in September Steam. Holley, Mel // Railways Illustrated;Aug2015, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p67
The article reports that London Transport Museum plans to restart heritage steam train trips between Watford, England and Chesham, England on 12-13 September.
- 'The Best in Heritage': An annual presentation of the best museums and heritage projects. Tomljenovic, R. // Tourism (13327461);2003, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p341
The second annual event The Best in Heritage was held in Dubrovnik, one of the best-known Croatian heritage sites of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, between September 18 to 20, 2003. The event was attended by about 120 delegates, mostly professional working...
- Grand Illusion - Transitions Online. Dzhambazova, Boryana // Transitions Online;5/24/2010, p1
The article focuses on the new museum complex, Bulgarian Louvre slated to showcase Bulgaria's culture and art, being constructed in Sophia, Bulgaria. As stated, earlier city's technical university used the building. Culture Minister, Vejdi Rashidov said people visiting Aleksandar Nevsky...
- Then and Now. Mauck, Kimberly // Oklahoma Today;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p13
The article presents information on the Oklahoma History Center, which illuminates the state's culture in a grand architectural style. Almost a decade in the making, the Oklahoma Historical Society's new facility across from the State Capitol gives the Oklahoma Museum of History five times the...
- Making Oral History. // Earthwatch Institute Journal;Feb2005, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p5
This article presents information related to initiative undertaken by Earthwatch Institute's researchers to create oral history of the Skagit River watershed region. Interviews with tribal fishermen have been archived at the Skagit Historical Museum, in the form of audio CDs, making this vital...
- Go north west. // Travel Trade;4/5/2006, Special section p10
The article explores the tourist attractions in the north-west regions of Tasmania. Ulverstone hosted the Ulyssess Club's annual general meeting. The Creative Paper Factory in Burnie has comprehensive displays including paper made from kangaroo droppings. It also has other museums that display...