- Tom's Trumpet. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p46
The article offers information on fire stations in Minnesota that share a common wall with the community center. It mentions that fire stations that make a statement about what they stand and who they are proclaim that the fire service is a significant part of the community. It states that some...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Oct2008, Vol. 161 Issue 10, p134
The article evaluates several fire service products including the KME pumper of the Weston Fire Department in Boston, Massachusetts, the Fort Garry Fire Trucks pumper of Paulatuk in North Territories and the Foster Rescue Products mini ambulance of the District of Columbia Fire Department,...
- Fire poles being eased out in Atlantic City. // Fire Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 154 Issue 3, p54
Reports on the Atlantic City, New Jersey, Fire Department's removal of fire poles in its fire stations. Injuries suffered by firefighters from improper sliding.
- Apparatus Point to Ponder. Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Nov2002, Vol. 155 Issue 11, p135
Provides safety measures in using the fire equipment and supplies. Cautions in making the aerial ladder an expensive standpipe; Challenge on carrying standpipe packs in the small compartments on a fire engine; Consideration of the vertical exhaust stack when specifying breathing air and...
- 'HEY, WHERE DO YOU WANT THIS TRUCK?.'. Brennan, Tom // Fire Engineering;Nov2000, Vol. 153 Issue 11, p104
Presents a question-and-answer advisory on the placement of ladder trucks on the fireground. Basic rules on truck positioning; Position of the apparatus at several building structures; Floor level of constructed high-rise residential buildings reached by the 100-foot aerial device.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Dec2003, Vol. 156 Issue 12, p108
Reports that the Michigan-based Oakland Township Fire Department has purchased pumper and pumper-tanker fire trucks from Marion Body. Features and functions of the fire trucks; Engine and chassis; Water pumps; Fire services equipment.
- New equipment can fight blazes without water source. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/23/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 30, p1A
The article reports on the installation of the 2007 Pierce Contender Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) fire engine at the Burnet Fire Department in Burnet County, Texas.
- SHOP NEWS. // Fire Chief;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p62
Reports on developments related to fire department equipment and vehicles in the U.S. as of April 2003. Florida Association of Emergency Vehicle Technicians Training Symposium; Oil formulations recommended for engines; Lubricant manual for fire engines.
- NFPA standards update. // Fire Chief;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p62
Reports on several National Fire Protection Association standards that affect the maintenance, repair and refurbishment of fire apparatus and other emergency vehicles in the U.S. Emergency Vehicle Technician Professional Qualifications; Fire Apparatus Preventive Maintenance Program; Fire...