- Keiser Force machine simulates forcible entry for fitness training. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;5/21/2013, p7
The article previews the Keiser Force simulated forcible entry-chopping device developed specifically for the fire service.
- Remember Your "BRIEFCASE". Hittle, Samuel // Fire Engineering;Sep2007, Vol. 160 Issue 9, p28
The author reports on ways in which fire fighters can prepare themselves to be part of a rapid intervention team (RIT). Several pieces of equipment which the author feels that RITs need are discussed, including air, a search rope, a camera and access to elevation. The author feels that RIT...
- CO-AXIAL NOZZLE TECHNOLOGY. Saner, Mark // Fire Engineering;Jul2005, Vol. 158 Issue 7, p138
Introduces the new co-axial nozzle technology used by fire fighter and developed by Akron Brass Co. which combines the cooling and protection of a true fog stream with the reach and volume of a smooth-bore stream without compromising the performance of either. History of nozzles; Requirements...
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Sep2013, Vol. 166 Issue 9, p97
Evaluations are presented of fire extinction equipment and equipment for fire fighters including the 3AA Propolymer Hazlo-Helmet Lighting Kit from Streamlight, KGloves protective gloves from Bionic Gloves and the Chameleon Arson Investigation Kit from Morphix Technologies.
- MANUFACTURERS BY PRODUCT CATEGORY. // Fire Engineering;Jan2007, Vol. 160 Issue 1, p146
A list of fire equipment manufacturers by product category is presented, including categories such as Air Purification Systems, Air Quality Testing & Maintenance, and Apparatus Accessories, Parts, and Systems.
- TRADE NAMES. // Fire Engineering;Jan2007, Vol. 160 Issue 1, p169
An alphabetical list of fire fighting equipment trade names is presented, including ADAM (Apparatus Deployment Analysis Module) analysis software, Ambulance Commander produced by Digitech Computer Inc., and American Breathing Air complete stationary and mobile SCBA charging system, manufactured...
- Ground Ladder Chocks. Rush, Mathew // Fire Engineering;Mar2007, Vol. 160 Issue 3, p28
The article discusses the use of ground ladder chocks in fire fighting. Chocks are described as pieces of wood or plastic wedged under the foot of a ladder for stability. The author explains how to construct ground ladder chocks using either wood or plastic and a piece of rope. It is suggested...
- STATION EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p8
Presents several fire station equipment and products. Tyco Thermal Controls' 1850-SE cable encasement; All A Board Inc.'s pine wardrobes; UniMac's laundry equipment.
- No Ugly Duckling. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Mar2005, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p68
Focuses on fire department's tanker that has proven itself as one of the most valuable and versatile rigs in the department's fleet. Most common use for tankers; Need for a department to demonstrate that it can start pumping 250gpm within five minutes of the first engine's arrival meet the...