You Can't Always Blame Missing Smoke Alarms
- Hold Harmless Provision is Not Against Public policy. Gold, Lessing F. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2006, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p42
The article presents a case filed by an insurance company against a security company which installed and monitored a sprinkler alarm in the premises owned by the cross defendant. The case alleged that a security company had failed to report an electronic alarm signal which was sent...
- Smarter heads make better detectors. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct98, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p61
Reports on the development of improved smoke detectors. Manufacture of detector heads that lead to fewer false alarms, reduced response times and better fire identification; Use of analog technology in conventional heads; Features of sensors made by Simplex True Alarm, by System Sensor, by...
- LPS 1014 REVISED. // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2002, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the move of the Loss Prevention Certification Board to release version 5 of LPS 1014 or the requirements for certification of fire detection and alarm system firms in Great Britain.
- WINGS OF DESIRE. // InStyle;May2012, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p90
The article previews the Chick-A-Dee smoke alarm.
- Chick-a-dee. // Stuff;Apr2012, Issue 157, p24
The article offers brief information on Chick-a-dee smoke detectors.
- Five-Minute TECH QUIZ. Nelson, Ron // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2007, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p49
A quiz concerning fire alarm codes and standards is presented.
- NEST PROTECT. // Journal of Property Management;May/Jun2014, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p40
The article offers brief information on the Nest Protect smoke detector.
- ALARMING SMOKES. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2000, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p66
Focuses on the trend among fire alarm makers in the United States to ask dealers to install notification devices within smoke detectors. Two alternatives for dealers to meet the requirement for notification devices; Calculation of wiring needs in security systems to meet smoke notification...
- Health Canada Announces Results of Canadian Smoke Detector Tests. // Journal of the Canadian Dental Association;Apr2000, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p180
The article reports on the results of the smoke detector tests announced by Health Canada in early February 2000, wherein 11 smoke detectors passed based on the Standard for Smoke Alarms of the Underwriters' Laboratories of Canada (ULC).