20 Years of Advice
- No New Lessons. // Fire Chief;May2004, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p96
Interviews California Blue Ribbon Fire Commission member Ronny J. Coleman about the commission's recommendation on how the state can prepare for wildfires. Massive coordination of resources; Space and vegetation management; Role of fire departments.
- COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT, LEADERSHIP, AND INFLUENCE: A 'SYSTEMS' APPROACH. Compton, Dennis // Fire Engineering;Aug2001, Vol. 154 Issue 8, p111
Explores a systems approach in integrating elements of fire and life safety operations into the core leadership structure of a community. Importance of community involvement in fire service operations; Programs and activities designed to enhance community involvement; Benefits of the...
- Family Fire Safety. // Scholastic News -- Edition 2 (Teacher's Edition);Oct2002, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p7
Presents a family fire safety reminder for homes.
- The readers comment ... // Fire Engineering;Dec99, Vol. 152 Issue 12, p18
Presents several comments on issues related to fire services around the world. Includes a debate in Australia about using elevators to evacuate people with disabilities; Comparison of effectiveness between a 1/2 and 1 3/4-inch hose; Proper use of positive-pressure ventilation in ensuring fire...
- PRECONNECTS, PART 2: HOSE LOADS. Gustin, Bill // Fire Engineering;May2002, Vol. 155 Issue 5, p69
Examines the effectiveness of selecting a preconnect hoseloads. Types of hoseloads; Advancement of fire management; Emphasis of the cardinal rule for preconnects.
- FIRE 21. // Fire Management Today;Fall2001, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p5
Focuses on the Federal Fire policy of fire management. Achievement on ecosystem sustainability; List of projected fire management on Fire 21; Meaning of Fire 21 symbol.
- PROTECTING COMMUNITIES THROUGH THE NATIONAL FIRE PLAN. Rains, Michael T.; Hubbard, Jim // Fire Management Today;Spring2002, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p4
Reports the development of the National Fire Plan report aimed at reducing the impacts of fires on rural communities in the U.S. Promotion of fire management planning; Maintenance of a cost-effective level of preparedness on firefighting; Improvement in the sustainability of forests and...
- CALENDAR. // Fire Chief;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p68
Presents schedules of events about fire management and prevention in North America. Expositions; Conferences; Educational programs.
- Fire Dynamics: The Science of Fire Fighting. Madrzykowski, Daniel // International Fire Service Journal of Leadership & Management;2013, Vol. 7, p7
Fire dynamics can provide a fire officer or a firefighter with means to understand how a fire will grow and spread within a structure and how best to control that growth. Researchers have generated experimental results and computer models to explain how fire dynamics taken at the most basic...