- Not What the Doctor Ordered. Adamson, Anne // Midwifery Matters;Autumn2004, Issue 102, p12
Relates the story of the author related to childbirth. Difficulty in the delivery of the baby; Information given by the doctor; Decision of the mother and the husband.
- My namesake. Humphreys, R C // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);05/19/2001, Vol. 322 Issue 7296, p1232
Offers the author's thoughts on a memorable patient while a general practitioner. Inexperience the doctor had with delivering pregnancies; Details of the event; How the baby was given the same name as the doctor.
- An air male delivery. Benc, Andrew // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);04/12/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7087, p1093
Presents a physician's account of a pregnant mother's delivery of a baby boy aboard a helicopter in Gabon, Africa. Fetal position; Necessity of transporting the patient to a hospital for a caesarean section; Survival of the neonate.
- Birth Plans and Professional Autonomy. Perry, Constance; Quinn, Linda; Nelson, James Lindermann // Hastings Center Report;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p12
Presents information on the problem with birth plans. Need for the patient and the physician to discuss about the birth plan; Benefits of the use of fetal monitoring, episiotomy and other instruments during delivery.
- MONITOR. // Family Practice Management;Jul2004, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p23
This article presents information related to medical practice. Massachusetts has become the twentieth state to be deemed a medical liability crisis zone by the AMA. President Donald Palmisano, MD, JD, made the announcement based on data from the Massachusetts Medical Society, which found that...
- Special deliveries. Bailey, Janet // Good Housekeeping;Jun2005, Vol. 240 Issue 6, p55
Presents information on several issues related to childbirth and labor practices. Significance of using drugs early in labor; Reasons of women for choosing Cesarean operations in deliveries; Purpose of physicians in encouraging women to use Cesarean operations.
- Homebirth: The Ultimate Do-It-Yourself. Zodrow, Esme // New Moon Girls;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p18
The article offers information on the difference about hospital birth and homebirth and their stories..
- Birth days. // Australia's Parents;Dec99/Jan2000, Issue 114, p48
Relates several stories on child birth.
- fumbling toward fatherhood. Schamotta, Justin // Mothering;Jan/Feb2007, Issue 140, p65
The article presents the author's experience of how he prepared for the arrival of his first child.