- Today's graphics must respond to the changing shape of news. // Broadcast Engineering;Nov2006, Vol. 48 Issue 11, pS24
The article discusses the significance of the improvement of television news graphics, which are considered as the visual signatures of television networks. Majority of television networks are resorting to build alternative and affordable news graphics. Isaac Hersly, president of Vizrt, claims...
- TV Guide Channel Broadens Its Appeal. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;1/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the unveiling of new programming and graphics by TV Guide Channel to retain viewers and please operators in the U.S. in January 2004. Focus of the new programming; Colors used in the graphics of the scrolling listings; Programs planned by the network.
- The small screen grabbers. Wisniewski, Adam // TVB Europe;Aug99, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p38
Reports on the role of graphics in sports television broadcasting. Details on the graphics used by CNN broadcasting units; Graphics design developed by Bobby Bates for CNN.
- Plethora of promos will soon mob your TV screen. Steinberg, Brian // Advertising Age;8/10/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 27, p3
The article reports that television broadcasters and advertisers are considering television advertising that would appear on the top and bottom of the picture on the viewers' television receiver during television programs. These so-called "crawl" graphics, which have been in use to present news...
- Take These For What They're Worth. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;9/14/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 34, p6
The author offers media and broadcasting concepts. He suggests that Cable News Network (CNN) should start expanding at the local sector just like what Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) is doing. He also proposes that in a football coverage, networks should design a new graphic...
- Courtyard Dog at Al Jazeera. Ringrose, Fergal // TVB Europe;Apr2004, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p3
Reports that Al Jazeera in Qatar has taken delivery of two SportsDog graphics generators from Courtyard Electronics. Addition of dynamic and static information into live sports broadcasts; Use of local and Asian League soccer matches; Means of updating of data.
- Graphic television quality. Pank, Bob // TVB Europe;Feb2007, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p34
The article takes a critical look at vendors, systems and trends in the fast-moving world of on-air television graphics. According to the author, graphics promos and idents are now opportunities for television stations to build recognition and viewer loyalty. He discloses that current trend...
- Food Serves 'Fresh' Promo Campaign. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;2/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p20
Reports that the U.S. cable networks company Food Network will be launching on-air graphics and promotional campaigns to increase its programming quality and credibility. Cost associated with the promotional campaigns; Features of on-air graphics that will be aired by the channel; Information...
- Graphics Technology for Remote Broadcasting. Boston, Jim; Hoover, George // Broadcast Engineering;Jan2002, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p52
Describes the systems used in graphics technology for remote television broadcasting. Key features of Chyron's iNFiNiT! character generator; Characteristics of the SGI Onyx2 visual workstation; Television broadcasting systems used in the Olympics.