- Work 10.6.03. // Advertising Age;10/6/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 40, p46
The work created by independent ad agency Bernstein Rein of Kansas City, Missouri has evolved over the past 30 years, but the theme has remained the same-remind customers that Wal-Mart has the best prices. GSD&M of Austin, Texas, part of the Omnicom Group, combs Wal-Mart stores all over the...
- Prices and people stressed in retail titan's advertising. Atkinson, Claire // Advertising Age;10/6/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 40, p3
The article reports on the advertising agencies used by Wal-Mart Stores. While both Bernstein-Rein Advertising and Omnicom Group's GSD&M do creative, media planning and buying in addition to numerous other tasks, their assignments are slightly different. Bernstein-Rein handles retail branding...
- Bernstein puts smiley face on a life without Wal-Mart. Creamer, Matthew // Advertising Age;8/14/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 33, p1
The article deals with the end of the partnership between Bernstein and Wal-Mart. The relationship between Wal-Mart and Bernstein-Rein has been an iconic one in the ad industry. It was forged when Wal-Mart consisted of a few dozen stores and endured a period of tremendous growth for the...
- Bernstein-Rein Boosts Research With Planning Arm. Baar, Aaron // Adweek Midwest Edition;5/27/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 22, p4
States that Bernstein-Rein is establishing an account planning department to supplement its traditional research operation. Executive hire by the advertising agency to lead the department; Reason for creating the department; Plans of the advertising agency.
- Postcards Pass Along Peace Message. O'Loughlin, Sandra // Brandweek;1/10/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p32
Reports that advertising agency Bernstein-Rein mailed peace postcards to consumers in December 2004. Remarks from Bernstein-Rein vice president Johnny Rard on the intention behind the move of the agency; Description of the postcards; Efforts of the company to promote world peace and goodwill.
- Blockbuster names Gabe marketing chief. Zbar, Jeffery D. // Advertising Age;3/6/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p38
Reports on the revived speculation that an advertising agency review could lie ahead for the Blockbuster Entertainment Group advertising account due to the hiring of senior marketing executive Rich Gabe. He comes from Gabe Consulting Group which he opened after leaving as general...
- Wal-Mart spot rings bell for Salvation Army. Frazier, Mya // Advertising Age;12/12/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 50, p29
This article reports on a television spot made by Bernstein-Rein for Wal-MArt. The spot features the actor Antonio Banderas standing in front a Wal-Mart store which has an iconic Salvation Army bell posted in front. it is the first time Wal-Mart touted its association with a specific charity....
- Wal-Mart Tutors Public On ABC's of The Scholar. O'Laughlin, Sandra // Brandweek;6/6/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 23, p11
Reports on the lead sponsorship by Wal-Mart of the reality television series "The Scholar" which premiers on June 6, 2005 on ABC. Information on ways used to integrate Wal-Mart merchandise into the show; Additional support extended by Wal-Mart in promoting the show; Message that Wal-Mart wants...
- Bernstein-Rein Consolidates Below-the-Line Work. Baar, Aaron // Adweek Midwest Edition;9/2/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 35, p5
Reports on the consolidation of Bernstein-Rein's (BR) below-the-line operations into a new division, the Brand Relationship Group in 2002. Duties of senior vice president, Rich Gabe in BR; Marketing options of the company; Advertising approach to be used by the division.