- Giant Killer Robots and Its Monsters. // DV: Digital Video;Aug2004, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p10
This article presents information on monsters created by Giant Killer Robots (GKR) for several motion pictures in the U.S. The Giant Killer Robots recently created the monsters for the movie Scooby-Doo. The monster character work was a change from the type of visuals that the company is known...
- TOOL TIME AT PIXAR. Wolff, Ellen // Millimeter;Nov2004, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p33
Features the Review Sketch tool, from Pixar, which was used for the animated film "The Incredibles." Concept of the tool; Usability; Accessibility.
- Animation in South Asia. Lent, John A. // Studies in South Asian Film & Media;Jan2009, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p101
Until recently, South Asian animation has lagged far behind that of other parts of Asia for lack of the technological, financial, and personnel infrastructure. This is still the situation in most of the region, with India an exception. What has happened in the development of Indian animation...
- Powerful procedures. Mahoney, Diana Phillips // Computer Graphics World;Aug99, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p32
Examines rules and procedures in visualizing procedural image generation with mathematical expressions to create complex graphic animations. Recreation of natural phenomena and environmental effects; Simulation of multiple interacting physical objects; Impact of procedural techniques in...
- H'wood borrows gamers' toolbox. Turner, Henry // Daily Variety;5/12/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 27, pA8
Discusses the influence of technology on animation and special effects of video games in the U.S. Improvement of graphics quality; Design of motion capture by Vicon; Creation of libraries of pre-rendered motions blended together during game play.
- Pixar tool is still big draw. Cohen, David S. // Variety;8/11/2008, Vol. 411 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the popularity of the Renderman computer software program that allows Pixar Co. computer graphics professionals to create high-quality images for animated films such as "Wall-E." Pixar was created by filmmaker George Lucas and purchased by computer executive Steve Jobs,...
- BIG BRANDS SMALL PRICES. Ochiva, Dan // Video Systems;Jul2003, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p58
Highlights the Siggraph 2003 exhibition for the graphics and animation crowd. in San Diego, California. Cost of the Alias Maya 5 Complete 3D animation and effects program; Plans of Adobe for introduce its complete rebuilt Premeire NLE software at the show; Features of the event.
- WAITING (AND WAITING) FOR ANOTHER ROGER RABBIT. Maio, Kathi // Fantasy & Science Fiction;Aug2001, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p80
Comments on several movies that mix animation and live action.
- Lines are dawn in battle for first animation Oscar. Galloway, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/22/2002, Vol. 371 Issue 41, p1
Reports the competition existing among animated motion picture in the Oscar Academy Award. Amount of sales generated by the animation 'Shrek'; Criteria for the award selection of the film; List of other qualified animated films ruled by the Academy.