MSRB's rule G-37 was only the beginning, experts say
- Techies Crank Up Their Own PAC. Quinn, William T. // njbiz;11/17/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p13
Reports on the launch of the NJTC Good Government Fund political action committee (PAC) of the New Jersey Technology Council as of November 2003. Reason for its establishment; Number of the council's member companies; Limitation on the size of receivable contributions that can be received by...
- PACs, Parties and Presidents. Sabato, Larry // Society;May/Jun85, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p56
This article defines political action committee or PAC in the U.S. A PAC is a segregated campaign fund of a labor union, business corporation, trade association, or an independent group that is created solely for political purposes. It is a fund of campaign money that is kept separate from all...
- ABA to Vote on Creation of SuperPAC. Rehm, Barbara A. // American Banker;9/6/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 138, p1
The article discusses the American Bankers Association's proposal to create a nonprofit board that solicits donations from banks and funds selected U.S. congressional campaigns, noting it will be a 501(c)(4) organization and also noting the trade group supports the political action committee...
- Insurance Taxes Dead; Small Business Incentives Advance. Merry, Jay // Advisor Today;Jun2000, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p114
Reports on the political activities of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA) in the United States. Regional training meetings of federal district coordinators of NAIFA; Publishing of a biweekly legislative update by NAIFA.
- ASAE government affairs: Issues and actions. Boege, Robert S. // Association Management;Jan1995, Vol. 47 Issue 1, pL-83
Details the legislative and regulatory measures which are impacting on associations. Issues relating to lobby tax and reclassification of associate membership dues; Initiative on nonprofit postal rates, health plans of associations and music licensing; Regulation on spousal travels.
- Trade groups protest plan to ban lobbyists from giving gifts to federal employees. Leven, Rachel // Hill;11/16/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 159, p14
The article reports on a protest by trade organizations in the U.S. on a proposal by President Barack Obama's administration that would ban lobbyists from giving gifts to federal employees.
- YOUR REGULATION-RESOURCE REFERENCE GUIDE. ROONEY, JENNIFER // Advertising Age;3/7/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p28
A directory is presented of advertising societies and other trade associations which are involved in U.S. lobbying related to advertising and marketing laws.
- Limited liability unlimited. Ribstein, Larry E. // Delaware Journal of Corporate Law;1999, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p407
Examines the implementation of Contractual Entity statutes in business associations. Correlation between politics and Contractual Entity statutes; Implications of the implementation in limited liability and contractual choice of law; Limitations of statutory rules in business associations;...
- APTMA raises tax-related issues with FBR. // Pakistan Textile Journal;Oct2010, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p19
The article discusses various tax-related issues that the trade association the All Pakistan Textile Mills Association (APTMA) has raised with Pakistan's government regarding the textile industry.