Census budget numbers delayed
- House approves cuts. // Chemical Week;7/19/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 2, p40
Reports that the House has approved rescissions in the 1995 Department of Commerce R&D budget.
- Factory service in peril. // Crain's New York Business;10/2/95, Vol. 11 Issue 40, p18
Reports on the problem facing the Commerce Department's Manufacturing Extension Partnership following proposed budget cuts. Possible impact of budget cuts; Reduction of support for 42 extension centers nationwide that offer low-cost advise to small manufacturers; Companies to be affected;...
- Project takes wings. // New Hampshire Business Review;12/6/96, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p20
Reports that the United States Department of Commerce will provide a $99,000 grant for a project called Wide-area Interconnectivity for Networking the Granite State or WINGS in New Hampshire. Plan for improving telecommunication resources; Goal to provide Internet access to schools; Proposal...
- More federal cutbacks. // Chemical Week;4/26/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 16, p38
Reports on the decision of the United States Commerce Department's Advanced Technology Program (ATP) to cut back its industry partnership projects. Recession in ATP's 1955 budget; Existing technology program.
- Congress Supports Funding for Tourism Promotion. // Association Management;Apr2003, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the $50 million appropriated to the U.S. Commerce Department to put into action a plan to market the U.S. as an international tourism destination. Measure calling for a commerce secretary Don Evans to appoint a U.S. Travel and Tourism Promotion Board.
- Federal funding faces unfriendly fire. Kiernan, Vincent // Laser Focus World;Jun95, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p52
Focuses on the prospects for the US Department of Commerce's Advanced Technology Program (ATP) and the Department of Defense's Technology Reinvestment Project (TRP) as a result of federal funding cuts. Features of the rescission bill signed by President Bill Clinton; Features of the two...
- FCC, Commerce funding remain uncertain. H.P.; C.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/23/96, Vol. 126 Issue 40, p19
Reports on the uncertainty of the budget for the US Federal Communications Commission and the US Department of Commerce. Representatives Thomas Bliley and John Dingell's call against the use of digital audio radio satellite auction proceeds to finance the departments.
- Tech programs face cuts. Miller, William H. // Industry Week/IW;4/3/95, Vol. 244 Issue 7, p64
Reports on the efforts of the United States Congress to trim the budgets for two technology programs. Defense Department's Technology Reinvestment Program; Commerce Department's Advanced Technology Program.
- House upholds veto of Commerce appropriation. // Human Events;1/19/96, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p23
Reports that the United States House of Representatives supported President Bill Clinton's rejection of the Fiscal 1996 Appropriations bill for the Commerce Department. Which government departments were affected; Explanation of bill; How the politicians voted.