Salt Lake airport deal postponed after director's resignation
- Overcoming a learning curve. Adams, Jennifer // Tile Magazine;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p18
The article presents a case study on the installation by ceramic manufacturer Lea Ceramiche of thin porcelain tile Slimtech to Salt Lake City International Airport in Utah. It says that the company has selected Sabbia and Stuccata color of tiles with sizes 40 by 40, 20 by 20, and 20 by 40 inches...
- Ready for Takeoff. Webb, Gaylen // Utah Business;Nov2012, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p69
The article reports that the Salt Lake City International Airport in Utah will undergo a 1.8 billion dollars renovation from 2013 to 2025. It discusses the problems affecting airport's operations. It cites plans by the Salt Lake City Department of Airports to spend about 400 million dollars on...
- Airwar spurs growth. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/3/1993, Vol. 138 Issue 18, p13
Speculates the airwar between Delta Airlines and Morris Air is responsible for the 18 percent traffic increase at Salt Lake City International Airport. While low-cost carrier Morris Air's share of origin and destination traffic has climbed to 24 percent in March, Delta retains almost 50 percent...
- SLC expansion. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/10/93, Vol. 138 Issue 19, p15
States Salt Lake City International Airport has begun construction of a third major runway. The runway will be 12,000 ft. long, will feature a Category 3B instrument landing system and be located 6,100 ft. from the nearest of SLC's existing parallel runways to allow for simultaneous,...
- Utah ski report. McKenna, James T. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/25/1993, Vol. 138 Issue 4, p29
Reports that so far snowfall at Salt Lake City International Airport measures about 75 inches through mid-January, compared with the typical snowfall of 59.2 inches for the entire winter. Runway 34 Left has been plowed about 35 times, 34 Right about 30, and snow removal has so far cost the...
- Utah traffic sizzles. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/2/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 18, p13
Reports on Utah's Salt Lake City International's claims of being the fastest growing airport in the world. Number of passengers recorded in 1993; Stimulation of Salt Lake City market by competition between Southwest Airlines' Morris Air and Delta's regional hub at the airport.
- Salt Lake City Airport. // AirGuide Online.com;2/22/2010, p13
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to stop the use of term branded by Salt Lake City International Airport in 2010.
- TRANSPORTATION. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/13/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 22, p11
This section offers news briefs related to transportation in Utah including the ranking of the Salt Lake City International Airport in a passenger survey, am intermodal transportation solution being used by C.R. England and an award received by Million Air's employee Shanel Fuller.
- Salt Lake City airport to be completely revamped in 10 years. Wallace, Brice // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/20/2012, Vol. 41 Issue 30, p1
The article reports that the Salt Lake City International Airport in Utah is scheduled for a complete revamp in 10 years as part of the 1.8 million U.S. dollars airport redevelopment project, featuring a single terminal with east-west corridor and more concession options.