First Investors remains loyal to insured funds
- Classic Trading Lives. Scotti, Michael // Traders Magazine;Apr2011, Vol. 24 Issue 321, p62
The article profiles New York-based mutual fund group First Investors Management Co. The company has 3 billion dollars in equities, two traders and 30 brokers. It states that a brokerage firm must be as skilled in high-touch trading if it wants to trade with First Investors. According to head...
- Financial firms playing musical chairs on Wall St. Satow, Julie // Crain's New York Business;12/18/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p13
The article reports on investment advisory firm First Investors Management Co.'s relocation to an office building at Front Street in Manhattan, New York. The asking rent at the building is $35 a square foot. There are only two units in the building that are still available. Other tenants include...
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...
- Top 25 underwriters in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p28A
Lists the top 25 bond underwriters in California ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes BancAmerica Securities Inc.; Paine Webber Inc.; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Smith Barney Inc.; Number of public finance bankers; Retail sales personnel;...
- Surprisingly strong retail sales rattle market. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;10/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30253, p2
Reports on the result of bond trading in the United States on October 15, 1997. Effect of September retail sales and third quarter economic growth on trading; Prices of Treasury bills and bonds of different maturities.
- Top 25 bond counsel in New England. // Bond Buyer;10/21/97 Supplement New England, Vol. 322, p40A
Lists the top 25 bond counsel in New England, ranked by principal amount of long-term bonds issued from January 1 through September 30, 1997. Public finance head; Number of public finance attorneys; Contact information; Includes Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo P.C.; Palmer and Dodge;...
- Development plan for distressed area. // Bond Buyer;11/17/97 Supplement Florida, Vol. 322, p14A
Reports on the possible use of bond issues to finance development projects in Tampa, Florida. Funding proposals sought by the city government for developing townhouses; Earnings earmarked for beautification projects.