Make Nice With Iceâ€¦
- STORAGE & TRANSPORT. // Equipment Solutions;Aug2005, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p28
Evaluates several products used in food storage and transport. Chill Bags from DayMark Food Safety Systems; OutPac takeout boxes from Pactiv; Bussing cart from Carlisle; UltiGrips X-series gloves from San Jamar.
- Shelving, Airflow, Cleanliness Set Pace: Food Storage. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p160
Offers tips on food storage. Problems associated with improper storage; Suggestions from foodservice directors; Different storage needs of a variety of foods.
- SYSTEMS & FOLLOW-UP RULE: The ABC's of food storage. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p99
Presents tips for food service operators on preventing food storage problems. Background on several food storage problems; Factors to consider regarding product rotation; Details on food issuance control.
- Ice makers & bins. Bendall, Dan // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan98, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p88
Focuses on ice storage in the food industry, examining types of ice makers and bins available and giving information on features for the equipment. Description of the two main types of ice made in restaurants; How ice makers are rated; What can reduce the amount of heat an ice maker adds to the...
- Oregon bans latex gloves in food service operations. Moore, Miles // Rubber & Plastics News;8/26/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p22
No abstract available.
- Gloves Certification Approved. // Restaurant Hospitality;May2003, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p122
Provides information on Protocol P155, a certification process for disposable food service gloves, developed by the NSF International. Reason behind the creation of the NSF certification; Criteria for approving food service gloves.
- What you should know about them: Protective gloves. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p210
Stresses the importance of the wearing of protective gloves among food service workers. Sanitation issues with regard to gloves; Misuse of gloves; Types of gloves; Do's and dont's on wearing gloves. INSET: Know your gloves: Different styles for different jobs..
- Food Safety Tips for Storage Areas. Hernandez, Jorge // Restaurant Hospitality;Apr2001, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p118
Offers food safety tips for storage areas of the food service industry. Details on the First In, First Out rule; How raw meat products should be stored; Types of basic storage areas; Storage guidelines for specific foods.
- THE MAIN CONCERNS: SAFER STORAGE. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p116
Discusses keeping food safe in storage in foodservice business. Main concern when it comes to storing food; Storage challenge facing LeAnne Whitney of the Bellflower Unified School District in Southern California; Importance of record-keeping; Importance of visual inspections.