Moving in for the Skill
- AND HIGHER SALES: COLL. EATERY EYES GRADS. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the sales performance of the Brodhead House student restaurant at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, as of October 2003. Prediction on the performance of the restaurant in 2003; Prices of foods at the restaurant; Information on the menu offered by the restaurant.
- Meal-prep visibility improves. // FoodService Director;1/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the renovation of Handschumacher Dining Center, the residential dining hall at Drexel University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The number of meals served weekly are cited. An increase in cash sales is reported. Features of the new dining center are described. The benefits...
- Penn Dining Dollars to Help Food Bank. // Food Management;May2004, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p20
Announces the partnership between Penn Dining Services with the Undergraduate Assembly of the University of Pennsylvania to provide students with an alternative to the usual ultimatum. Option given to the students to give their remaining dollars to purchase food to be donated to local charities;...
- Rotomolding center gets funding approval. // Plastics News;8/26/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p14
Reports the approval of funding for the Rotational Molding Center of Excellence at Pennsylvania College of Technology. Creation of the rotomolding facility; Assistance in employee training.
- Kitchens as classrooms. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, OnSite p38a
Focuses on the partnership between Harvard University Dining Services and New England Culinary Institute to offer employee training under the Preferred Futuring program. Comment by Alix McNitt, program manager for Dining Services; Description of the training program; Details of the partnership.
- Virginia Tech. appoints teams. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p18
Cites the efforts of Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia, to develop a plan for their dining services operation. Implementation of plan in January 1998; Full training of employees in September 1998; Training of staff members from a cross-section; Creation of a position which will serve as a...
- Focused On Food. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p56
The article focuses on Princeton University's culinary program. The university has become known for its culinary-driven dining. According to Director of Dining Services Stuart Orefice, his department started training hourly employees to be sous chefs in 1997. Since then they have been replacing...
- A Model for Excellence. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p64
The article reports on the standard set by Mike Rice, director of Auxiliary Services at Michigan State University, for the training of employees of the university's foodservice operation. Rice and his department developed a series of programs to train employees. The program aims to develop the...
- Six steps to sustainability. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p36
The article looks at the six-point plan to provide organic and sustainable foods to college students implemented by the dining services department of the University of Colorado in Boulder. Department assistant director Amy Beckstrom discussed the substantial composting program of the university....