- Vegetarian Recipe Corner. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p114
Presents several vegetarian cookery. Monterey Skillet; Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers; White Beans With Cilantro, Lemon & Oranges; Tofu Stir-Fry; Artichoke Hearts & Hearts of Palm Salad.
- VEGETARIAN QUANTITY RECIPES. // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;Autumn2002, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p10
Presents three vegetarian recipes that use tofu. Miso Tofu Brochettes with Pineapple; Three Berry Frozen Tofu Custard; Tofu Sour Cream.
- Recipe Corner. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p110
Presents several vegetarian cookery. Tofu Tetrazzini; Five Bean Casserole; Four-Cheese Macaroni; Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie; Spicy Grilled Vegetable Orecchiette.
- Eggles Salad. Farrel-Kingsley, Kathy // Vegetarian Times;May99, Issue 261, p58
Presents the recipe for Tofu Salad Sandwich. List of ingredients; Preparation instructions.
- MAKING SUBSTITUTIONS: VEGAN FOR THE HOLIDAYS. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p118
Offers suggestions in serving vegetarian food during the holidays. Sweetener tips; Use of tofu for desserts; Replacement for eggs and butter.
- Understand customer needs. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p108
Focuses on strategies for food service businesses in the United States for creating profitable vegetarian menus. Importance of understanding the food habits of vegetarian consumers; Value of the market segment. INSET: A Vegetarian glossary.
- Vegetarian cross-over. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p147
Reports on food service operators' inclusion of vegetarian dishes in their menu offerings. Increasing number of vegetarian meals in colleges; Operators' experimentation with more ethnic vegetarian-based recipes; Redesign of traditional plant-based recipes to lower fat; Vegetarian offerings from...
- More recipes being tested. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p148
Reports on food service operators' experimentation with vegetarian dishes. Creation of ethnic cuisine-inspired cookery; PERSPECTIVES/The Consulting Group chef Russell Scott's suggestions on vegetable cookery; `Vegetarian Day' event at the Ikea store in Baltimore, Maryland; Indian dish offerings...
- Prime cuts. Robertson, Robin // Vegetarian Times;Apr98, Issue 248, p57
Demonstrates how soyfood products like tofu and tempeh can be used as meat alternatives for vegetarian menus. Nutritional content of tofu and tempeh; Uses of textured vegetable protein (TVP); Nutritional value of soybean-base foods; Example of recipe using soybean-base foods.