- Re-authorization Faces Budget and Nutrition Realities. // Food Management;Feb2010, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p32
An interview with Cathy Schuchart, staff vice president, School Nutrition Association, is presented. When asked about the increase in reimbursement rate of school lunch meal she states that the prime reason is increased cost of nutritious food. She states that though school nutrition programs...
- The Kids Aren't Hungry Any More. Faught, Millard C. // Saturday Evening Post;7/4/1942, Vol. 215 Issue 1, p28
The article focuses on the school lunch plan being implemented in the U.S. in 1942. Several public and private organizations collaborated for the implementation of the lunch plan which include the Agricultural Marketing Administration (AMA) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The school...
- Associations digest. // Snack Food;Oct96, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p46
Presents the names of major trade groups and associations in the United States which offer services to snack and bakery foods processors.
- Triumphant maneuvers. // National Provisioner;Feb2003, Vol. 217 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the accomplishments of several institutions and executives in the food industry in the U.S. Acknowledgment on the time spent by president and chief executive officer John Simon of Swift Co.; Efforts of executives Janet Railey and Patrick Boyle of the American Meat Institute;...
- AFFI will manage environmental conference. // Refrigerated Transporter;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 16, p12
Reports that the American Frozen Food Institute (AFFI) will assume management of the Environmental Engineering in the Food Processing Industry Conference in 2003. Environmental concerns that will be addressed in the conference; Responsibilities of AFFI in the conference.
- Opportunity Knocks. Von Rabenau, Daniel // Fancy Food & Culinary Products;Apr2004, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p4
Presents views on several food shows and conferences in the U.S. in May 2004. Venue of the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade Spring/Midwest Fancy Food Show from May 2 to 4; Importance of food shows.
- Calendar. // Fancy Food & Culinary Products;Apr2004, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p6
Presents the schedule of several food shows and conferences in the U.S. from April to July 2004. Specialty Coffee Association of America Conference & Exhibition in Atlanta, Georgia; Gourmet Products Show in San Francisco, California; National Confectioners Association All Candy Expo in Chicago,...
- Frozen Food Industry Scholarship Contibutions Top $1 Million. // Frozen Food Age;May2005, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the contribution gathered by the Frozen Food Industry Memorial Scholarship Foundation in 2004 for its scholarship program in the U.S. Associations that sponsored the scholarship program; Factors that influenced the growth of the program; List of contributors to the scholarship.
- United Fresh Honors Retail Produce Managers. Harper, Roseanne // SN: Supermarket News;4/21/2008, Vol. 56 Issue 16, p54
The article offers information on the United Fresh Produce Association's Chairman's Reception and Annual Awards Banquet at Bally's Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 6, 2008. The United Fresh Produce Association will honor 25 outstanding produce managers banquet. The 25 winners were selected from...