USDA Overhauls Pyramid
- Nutrition News. MOTTE, PAULA // Health (Time Inc. Health);Apr99, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p44
Presents updates on health and nutrition as of April 1999. Information on Viactiv Soft Calcium Chews; Details on the United States Department of Agriculture's user-friendly Web site.
- MY TRAPEZOID. Gupta, Sanjay; Abedin, Shahreen // Time International (South Pacific Edition);5/2/2005, Issue 17, p63
The article presents the authors' views about the U.S. Food Pyramid, a healthy food guidance program, developed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The author says that program is very useful to determine the right kind of food. The program's website recommends diets according to the age, sex...
- Climbing the Pyramid. // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Feb2007, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p56
The article introduces the Food Guide Pyramid hosted by the U.S. govenment's web site. The U.S. Department of Agriculture explains the diet appropriate for children ages 6 to 11. The is interactive as it features a MyPyramid Blast Off computer game and printable posters of the food pyramid for...
- USDA Unveils New Food Pyramid. // Policy & Practice (19426828);Jun2005, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p7
Reports that the United States Department of Agriculture Secretary Mike Johanns unveiled the agency's food guidance pyramid called â€œMy Pyramid, Steps to a Healthier Youâ€. Features of the food guidance pyramid; Addition to the symbol; Information provided by the web site of My Pyramid.
- New food pyramid reflects simple diet plan. Quaid, Libby // New York Amsterdam News;11/24/2005, Vol. 96 Issue 48, Special section p21
This article focuses on the new food pyramid designed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The triangle-shaped guide for healthy eating has drawn criticism for not spelling out what foods to eat or how much to put on one's plate. The government decided not to cram two-dozen health...
- USDA's dietary guidelines add these tips for healthier eating. // Southern Farmer (1541-2008);Sep2011, Vol. 10 Issue 9, pBP10
The article offers information on the new dietary guidelines of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) on how to have healthier eating as well as the interactive Web-based tools to be offered by the website www.choosemyplate.gov.
- appetizers. Lofshult, Diane // IDEA Fitness Journal;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p83
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics that relate to nutrition in the U.S. including the number of four-year-old Americans who are clinically obese, the amount of budget allotted by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to determine the genome of cocoa, and the rate in increase of...
- USDA actions. Lynch, Lori // National Food Review;Apr-Jun90, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p37
States that the regularly operational and regulatory changes made by the United States Department of Agriculture affects the status of food and nutrition in the country. Listing of actions taken by department.
- Pizza and other combination foods. // Current Health 1;Apr95, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the Food Guide Pyramid of the US Department of Agriculture. Review of the recommendations; Caloric requirement of children; Nutritional value of pizza and other combination foods; Building a pyramid sandwich.