Due For An Oil Change?
- Q+A. Applegate, Liz // Runner's World;May2005, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p56
Presents nutritional information on fractionated oils. Similarity between hydrogenated oils and fractionated oils; Absence of trans fats in fractionated oils; Fat content of fractionated oils.
- Weighing In on Fats. Bliss, Rosalie Marion // Agricultural Research;Mar2008, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p12
The article discusses the recommendations in the nutritional handbook "2005 Dietary Guidelines for Americans" in regard to the intake of fats and oils. Researchers Beverly A. Clevidence and Joseph Judd from the Beltsville Human Nutrition Research Center (BHNRC) found that the consumption of...
- WHO resists food industry pressure on its diet plan. Fleck, Fiona // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/24/2004, Vol. 328 Issue 7446, p973
Reports that the final draft of a global plan to address obesity has not been watered down by the World Health Organization despite pressure of the food industry.Groups representing soft drinks, sugar, candy and more protested the new regulations; Plan which wants food companies to limited the...
- Trans FAT STILL UNDER COVER. Liebman, Bonnie; Genger, Tamar // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p9
Analyzes the trans fat content of several packaged food products available in the U.S.
- IT'S ABOUT TIME! // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jan2001, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p33
Provides information on trans fatty acids in food. Decision of the United States Food and Drug Administration to require the listing of trans fats on food nutrition labels; Health risk of trans fatty acids.
- THE NEW BAD FAT. Feury, Margit // Marie Claire (US Edition);Mar2002, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p283
Reports the discovery of trans fat, a dangerous type of fat. Sources of trans fat; Ability of trans fat to raise cholesterol and damage blood vessel; Tips in knowing trans fat content in food.
- Safer Fats for Healthier Hearts: The Case for Eliminating Dietary Artificial Trans Fat Intake. Gerberding, Julie Louise // Annals of Internal Medicine;7/21/2009, Vol. 151 Issue 2, p137
The article presents the author's views about the need and importance of instituting broader federal government efforts in the U.S. to assure that people in all communities can experience the potential health benefits of safer dietary fats. The author says that the highest priority should be...
- Uncover the Worst Hidden Fat. Morford, Katie Sullivan // Self;Oct99, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p96
Focuses on the trans fatty acid content of food in the United States. Bad effects of trans fatty acids on one's health; Foods containing trans fatty acids; Guidelines for avoiding them.
- Is Trans-Fat-Free Better? Hampl, Jeffrey S. // Men's Fitness;Mar2004, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p58
Focuses on trans fats ingredient in processed foods. Health risks of eating trans fat; Information on trans fat free foods with calorie and saturated fat content, such as potato chips; Importance of nutrition label in snacks.