- Penny McConnell. Barrier, Brooke // Nation's Restaurant News;4/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p24
Interviews Penny McConnell, director of Food and Nutrition Services, Fairfax County Public Schools in Springfield, Virginia. Education and career background; What she likes most in her career; Explanation of the Energy Zone Fitness Challenge; Uniqueness of their employee wellness program.
- Trendsetters. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p44
Deals with several famous trendsetters in the food service industry of the United States. Information on Frank X. Gladu, who introduced a Student Meal Grant program to expand student hiring; Achievements of Penny McConnell as director of food and nutrition services for Fairfax City Public...
- AHF Elects Board Members. // Food Management;May2011, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p14
The article offers information on the appointment of several board members by the Association for Healthcare Foodservice (AHF) including, Beth Yesford as the president, Randy Sparrow as the treasurer, and Tony Almeida as the director.
- TONY ALMEIDA, ROBERT WOOD JOHNSON UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL: In Touch at RWJ. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;6/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p28
Features Tony Almeida, director of the nutrition department at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Educational and career background of the director; Challenges faced as food service director in healthcare; Efforts done to improve hospital foodservice.
- Face facts: Branded salads sell. // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p6
The article deals with the line of prepackaged salads that Tony Almeida, director of food and nutrition, environmental and host services at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Jersey, introduced to boost the sales of the hospital's cafeteria. The salad, selling 80 units a day, comes...
- Tony Almeida. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;12/11/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 50, p40
The article presents an interview with Tony Almeida, the director of food and nutrition/environmental/ host services for Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick, New Jersey. When asked about what drove him to a career on health care foodservice, he talked about the history of...
- At Your Service! Lawn, John // Food Management;Aug2004, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p0
Focuses on food service management at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Food service innovations achieved by the department under food service director Tony Almeida; Patient meal programs; Almeida's food service background; Use of technology in patient feeding.
- In Search of 'Satisfaction.'. // FoodService Director;10/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p12
The article deals with the techniques that have been successful in improving patient satisfaction regarding health care food service, according to food service operators in the U.S. The significance of the patient preference list to the patient satisfaction initiative of Southern Ohio Medical...
- Jersey Boy. King, Paul // FoodService Director;4/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p24
The article features Tony Almeida, director of Food & Nutrition/Environmental/Host Services at the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey. A native of Elizabeth, New Jersey, he started his foodservice career as a pot washer then pursued a course in foodservice with...