Bridging communication gaps
- A TWO-WAY STREET: CAREER-BASED TRAINING HONES RETENTION EFFORT. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p36
Provides information on the career development initiatives of Compass Group PLC. Goals of the company; Programs offered by Compass to increase its workers' enthusiasm; Development of a food skills program in conjuction with the Culinary Institute of America.
- CARLOS CARPIZO, DIRECTOR DE RR.HH. DE RANDSTAD: "INVERTIR EN FORMACIÃ“N ES RENTABLE SIEMPRE QUE SE PUEDA OBJETIVAR EL RETORNO DE LA INVERSIÃ“N. // Capital Humano;Apr2011, Vol. 24 Issue 253, p88
No abstract available.
- Backlash! Mobley, Michael; Payne, Tamara // Training & Development;Dec92, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p45
Discusses a diversity training program to handle backlash. Challenges facing diversity trainers; Arguments that people make to explain backlash; Conditions wherein diversity training programs can cause backlash; Ways to prevent backlash. INSETS: The United States and South Africa Looking at...
- Video-ing Diversity. Wigglesworth, David C. // Training & Development;Dec92, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p53
Features training videos on workforce diversity. 'Managing Diversity,' by Griggs Productions Inc.; 'Bridges: Skills for Managing a Diverse Workforce,' by BNA Communications; 'The Mosaic Workplace'; 'The Workforce Diversity Series,' by CRM Films. INSET: When Training Creates Backlash.
- Working With People Who Are Different. Hanamura, Steve // Training & Development Journal;Jun89, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p110
Discusses how trainers can help companies meet the needs of a diverse workforce in the U.S. Issues to consider; Expansion of the nature and scope of the 'different' worker, and issues of difference; Identification of similar characteristics facing all people who are 'different.'
- The pitfalls of diversity training. Day, Leslie E. Overm // Training & Development;Dec95, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p24
Presents information on diversity training. How diversity training programs may be damaging; Occurrence of training abuses; Adoption on diversity initiatives; Problems associated with poor diversity training; Diversity goals; Lack of a definition for diversity; Results of diversity training;...
- Managing Workplace Diversity and Generational Differences. WILSON-HRIVNAK, MARY // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/3/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 31, pS8
In the article, the author discusses strategies in managing workplace diversity and generational differences, including hiring staff based on competencies related to their jobs and providing training for human resources (HR) staff on managing diversity.
- ADOPTS NRAEF STANDARDS: Compass upgrades training. // FoodService Director;3/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p22
Reveals the plans of Compass Group PLC to integrate the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation's (NRAEF) Foodservice Management Professional (FMP) Certification Program with its launched Management Certification Program. Comments from Mary Adolf, NRAEF president and chief...
- Global training's critical success factors. Kemper, Cynthia L. // Training & Development;Feb98, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p35
Focuses on the adaptation of training for multicultural workforces and international management teams in multicultural settings. Impact of culture on training success; Significance of cultural adaptability; Need for a paradigm that includes an understanding of the deeper psychology of culture...