- FOR RETIREMENT HOME RESIDENTS: HDS tailors care packages. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p34
Reports on the so-called Getting To Know You concept of the foodservice director at HDS Services for residents in some of its retirement home accounts. Source of the idea.
- SUPER BOWL CREATES POS TERMINAL DEMAND. // CardLine;2/8/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p28
The article reports that Heartland Payment Systems Inc., a transaction processor, has sent 45 mobile point-of-sale terminals to the University of Phoenix Stadium for Super Bowl XLII. Centerplate Inc., a Stamford, Connecticut-based food-service vendor that operates 47 concession stands in the...
- How parks bill stands. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p36
Opinion. Focuses on a bill passed by the United States Congress in October 1998 on the awarding of contracts for parks concessions. Impact of the bill on food service contractors; Elimination of the right of preference for renewal; Projected increase in revenues for parks and rents.
- Speedy Delivery. ATTWOOD, EMILY // Athletic Business;Jul2014, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p24
The article discusses improvements in concessions operations technology for both fans and vendors in sports venues. It discusses a pilot program launched by SportSnax, a Mississippi-based mobile concessions software provider, during the 2013 baseball season at Mississippi State University's...
- ON POINT-OF-SALE. // Boxoffice;Aug2012, Vol. 148 Issue 8, p29
Information on a roundtable discussion with some of industry experts on state of snack-stand software is presented. Topics include upscale dining experiences, consolidation of concessions and ticketing into single-point-of-sale, and the trends in concessions management. The discussion features...
- POS Systems Learn To Leverage The Internet. // Food Management;Sep2001, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p72
Reports the increase of point-of-sale system buying activity of foodservice operators in Florida as of year 2000. Availability of operation and sales data to owners and managers; Access of owners to real-time information and report summaries; Creation of personalized digital dashboard for...
- New Windows Additions for: Point-of-Sale Options. Grossbauer, Sue // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p138
Talks about the shift of the food service industry from proprietary point-of-sale (POS) systems to a Windows basis. Major reason for the switch; Effectiveness of Windows in multi-tasking performance; Advantages of the backdrop of well-versed Microsoft technology.
- Study shows tough year for foodservice POS market. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/9/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p54
Focuses on the challenges of the point-of-sales (POS) market systems for the food service industry in Boynton Beach, Florida. Views of IHL Consulting Group president Greg Buzek on POS market system; Rate of penetration for personal-based POS systems; Impact of casual-dining chains on the POS...
- USED BY 75% OF STAFF DAILY: Iowa hosp. installs cashless P-O-S. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p38
Focuses on the Chord Odyssey Cashless Point of Sale system installed by the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City in April 2002. Cost of the system; Percentage of staff customers who utilize the cashless point-of-sale system on a daily basis; List of dining outlets included in...