- WHICH EYES DEBIT CARD, TACO BELL: NJ schools sign CulinArt. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p32
Reports that CulinArt, a food service contractor, has won a contract to manage the food programs at three of the Livingston, New Jersey district schools. Number of students and staff it will serve; Terms of the agreement.
- Nutritious Outsourcing. McClure, Ann // District Administration;Oct2006, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p78
The article addresses the decision of Duval County Public Schools to outsource its food services, in its quest to provide high quality, nutritious meals to students without raising lunch prices. The school district teamed with food service provider Aramark for centralized meal production. Before...
- Outsourcing 101. Crane, Elizabeth // District Administration;Oct2004, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p65
Explores the benefits of outsourcing for school districts in the United States. Definition of outsourcing; Services essential to keep under the direct command of a school district; Ways to successfully manage the vendors; Companies that contract with districts nationwide for a variety of...
- Study: Only about 15 percent of Texas school districts outsource foodservices. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;9/3/2015, p1
The article discusses the 2015 Mackinac Center for Public Policy research which showed that only 15 percent of school districts in Texas outsource their food services, followed by custodial services and transportation.
- Outsourcing Survival Tips. Brown, Doug; Wilson, Scott // American School Board Journal;Oct2007, Vol. 194 Issue 10, p37
The article offers tips on how school districts can succeed in their outsourcing deals. Outsourcing refers to the contracting of services to an outside vendor. There are a few functions within the school system that can be outsourced and these include food service and transportation service. To...
- George Mason Issues RFP for Dining Services. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;5/15/2012, p2
The article reports on the announcement of George Mason University concerning its intention to issue a request for proposals (RFP) to provide dining services at its Northern Virginia campus.
- More schools are looking to outside sales. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p96
States that the emphasis of food service operations in school districts in the United States is being targeted at the sales made from the a la carte, highlighting the DeKalb County School in Decatur, Georgia. Amount of students who attend the schools; Amount of money which was spent in food...
- 'BUILD YOUR OWN' BUILDS SALES. // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p5
Announces the increase in lunch participation at the Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda Union Free School District in Buffalo, New York with the initiation of a School Construction Zone promotion throughout its six elementary schools. Concept underlying the promotion; Range of food items included in the...
- Food service operating efficiency as a function of central office staff sizing and responsibilities. Allers, Katherine L.; Murphy, John F. // Education;Spring96, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p451
Presents the results of a study of North Carolina-based school districts to identify the most cost-efficient configurations of food service central office staffing sizes and personal assignments. Background on the study.