Govt. foodservice pay's better
- Troubled HHC breaks first-ever ads. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;11/14/94, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p3
Reports on the New York City-based Health & Hospitals Corp.'s advertising of its services. Costs; Plans for managed care; Contracting of services; Future plans.
- The FM Top Fifty. // Food Management;Apr98, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p43
Presents information on a list of the 1998 Top 50 national and regional companies that comprise the foodservice industry's contract services marketplace in the United States.
- Eight trends that drive the contract market. Lawn, John; Buzalka, Michael // Food Management;Apr98, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p54
Presents information on eight trends that are the driving force behind the services and shape of the contract market in the foodservice industry. Effect of consolidation on contract foodservice; Factor driving this consolidation in the contract market; Inforamtion on service bundling; Reference...
- Outsourcing fills the gap. Berne, Steve // Prepared Foods;Mid-Apr97, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p35
Lists various suppliers offering product development outsourcing assistance to the food service market. Equipment suppliers; Ingredient suppliers; Laboratories; Research/Consultancies.
- Contract management. // Food Management;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p84
Discusses the evolution of contract foodservice industry in the United States. Pioneers in the contract foodservice; Introduction of vending services and products; Formation of the Automatic Retailers of America (ARA); Emergence of national contractors; Mergers and acquisition among the...
- Think big--or small, in contract biz both work. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;06/16/97, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p56
Focuses on the trends in the foodservice contracting industry in the United States. Gaining strong entry into a particular geographic market sector through acquisition; Fear of mid-size and small firms of loss of personal service when dealing with large contractors; Noncommercial market...
- Deals for meals: Contract giants exploit big-get-bigger strategies. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;06/22/98, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p156
Focuses on the increase in business for contract food service in the United States. Assessment of industry's performance as corporations outsource their food services; Major purchases and deals struck among institutions in the contracting field.
- 1999 RESULTS: Revenues pass $18.6 billion, contracts up 13%. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p45
Reports on the earnings of contract management foodservice companies in 1999. Market expansions; Business and industry as the market segment of choice; Organizational changes among contractors; Emphasis of contractors on retail services.
- A new era for outsourcing solutions: Is the foodservice industry ready? Babbitt, Terrence K. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p62
Opinion. Comments about the implications of contracting out technical resources in the American foodservice industry. Change in the landscape of vendor services; Availability of desktop and distributed support; Demand for external services to address the year 2000 computing crisis.