People In The News
- People. // Publishers Weekly;5/16/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 20, p13
Presents updates on employee selection in the publishing sector in the U.S. as of May 2005. Appointment of Dan Conaway as executive editor of Putnam; Employment background of Ed White, director of book operations at Hastings; Promotion of Rockelle Henderson to associate publisher of Amistad.
- Morgan to head up 'Men's Health.'. // Advertising Age;11/25/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 50, p22
Presents news briefs on promotions and appointments in the U.S. media business as of November 1991. Appointment of Jeff Morgan as publisher of Men's Health; Promotion of Robert M. Brown to vice-president of sales and marketing at Gannett Outdoor Co.; Designation of Donald L. Albert as director...
- Climbing at Hearst. // Advertising Age;5/27/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 22, p27
Discusses executive changes at various publishing companies in the United States. Promotion of Daniel E. Zucchi as senior vice president-director of consumer marketing at Hearst Magazine; Appointment of Leslie Hinton as president-chief executive officer at News American Publishing; Selection of...
- Burstein moves to 'Esquire'. // Advertising Age;8/22/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 35, p37
This article reports on the selection of Lawrence Burstein as publishing director of Esquire and Esquire Gentleman magazines as of August 22, 1994. He fills a position that has been vacant since Ron Galotti left in June 1994 to rejoin Conde Nast Publications as publisher of Vogue magazine....
- Short Takes. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;6/7/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 23, p9
Presents updates on several book deals in the U.S. as of June 7, 2004. Contract signed by British historian Frederick Taylor with Harper's Dan Conaway for an extensive history of the Berlin Wall as fact and symbol; World rights bought by Broadway's Charlie Conrad from agent Susan Rabiner;...
- Davidar Named Publisher of Penguin Canada. // Publishers Weekly;7/28/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 30, p10
Reports on the appointment of David Davidar as publisher of Penguin Group Canada. Positions held by Davidar at the company's India operations.
- Daniel Mangan appointed director of IRA's Publications Division. // Reading Today;Apr/May2005, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p32
Reports on the appointment of Daniel Mangan as International Reading Association director of publications in 2005. Career background of Mangan; Statement issued by Mangan regarding his appointment.
- In Returning to "House Beautiful" as VP/Publisher: KATE KELLY SMITH SUCCEEDS HER 1999-2001 BOSS DAVID ARNOLD. Cohn, Steven; Jonas, Greer; Smith, Steve; Barnes, Courtney; Greenfield, Jeremy // Media Industry Newsletter;9/11/2006, Vol. 59 Issue 35, p2
The article reports on the appointment of Kate Kelly Smith as vice president/publisher of "House Beautiful." Smith will replace publisher David Arnold. Smith had worked with Arnold at "House Beautiful" before leaving to become publisher of "Child" in February 2001. A chart that shows the...
- Cabal founder in move to August. // Marketing (00253650);6/14/2006, p7
The article informs that August Media, a contract publishing company, has hired Sally O'Sullivan as chairman. O'Sullivan was founder and chief executive of magazine publisher Cabal Communications, which achieved notoriety in 2000 when it appeared in the documentary series "Between the Sheets."...