Reader's Digest Ekes Out 3% Book Revenue Growth In Q3
- Ryder Hails Fiscal '04 as Breakthrough Year at RD. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/9/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 32, p110
Reports on the performance of Reader's Digest for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2004. Decline in revenue of the company; Comments from company chairman Tom Ryder about the company's performance; Sales increase in the company's publishing trade division.
- Reader's Digest Trade Publishing Growth Offsets Declines In 2004. // Book Publishing Report;8/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p3
Reports on the financial performance of Reader's Digest Inc. for year 2004 ended June 30. Revenues; Operating income; Licensing deals; Plans of the company to release several children's titles as part of a licensing agreement with NASCAR starting in 2005.
- U.S. Book Group Gains While Int'l Falls at RD. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 5, p17
Reports on the poor financial performance of Reader's Digest as of December 31, 2002. Decrease in the operating profits of the company; Statement issued by Reader's Digest Chairman Thomas Ryder; Description of the promotional strategy of the company for its book 'ChangeOne.'
- Reader's Digest "on Track"; HQ for Sale. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/2/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the decline in revenue of Reader's Digest (RD) for the second quarter ended December 31, 2003. Focus of (RD), according to company chairman Tom O. Ryder; Decline in sales in the first half of fiscal 2004; Background of RD.
- As Financial Results Turn Ugly, Reader's Digest Gives Its Book Publishing Division A Makeover. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;8/20/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p6
Focuses on Reader's Digest Inc.'s reorganization of its books publishing division following a downturn in sales and earnings. Structure of the division; Division groupings implemented in an attempt to increase profits; Losses posted in the fourth-quarter 2000 financial results.
- SWOT Analysis. // Readers Digest Association, Ltd. SWOT Analysis;Dec2009, p1
A profile of Pleasantville, New York-based The Reader's Digest Association Inc., which is engaged in selling the "Reader's Digest" magazine and markets books, music videos, and financial and health products, is presented. An overview of the company's operations and financial performance is...
- Earnings Jump at RD. // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the financial performance of Reader's Digest's (RD) global books and home entertainment group for the second quarter ended December 31, 1999. Amount of the revenue of the group; Effects of the reduction of mailings and mail quantities to marginal customers; Amount of the operating...
- Reader's Digest Wraps Up Flat Year; Books Are Fun Challenged. // Book Publishing Report;8/21/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p3
The article reports on the financial performance of Pleasantville, New York-based Reader's Digest Association Inc. for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2006 ended June 30, 2006. The company cited the success of its magazine launch such as the "Every Day with Rachael Ray", whose cookbooks are...
- Reader's Digest Points to Books Are Fun Segment for Lackluster Q3. // Book Publishing Report;6/5/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p3
The article reports on the financial performance of Pleasantville, New York-based Reader's Digest Inc. as of the third quarter ended April 26, 2006. The company reported a revenue of 547 million dollars for its fiscal 2006 third quarter, which is a two percent increase from the same period last...