Simba Projects 4% Growth For Mystery Books In 2005
- Edward Conlon. Adato, Allison; Mandel, Kwala; Meltzer, Dana; Daly, Sean; Hammel, Sara; Schou, Solvej; Baker, K. C.; Debono, Fiona Galea // People;6/28/2004, Vol. 61 Issue 25, p111
Profiles Edward Conlon, a detective-writer, who wrote the bestseller 'Blue Blood.' Consideration of how he writes about the details of police work in Manhattan; His relationship with a journalist.
- A Body to Die For. White, Kate // Cosmopolitan;Jun2003, Vol. 234 Issue 6, p275
Presents information on a murder mystery. INSET: A Sneak Peek at A Body to Die For.
- Pamela Thomas-Graham SHE KNOWS WHODUNIT. Rozycki, Bob // Westchester County Business Journal;1/24/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p48
Profiles Pamela Thomas-Graham, author of the Ivy League Mystery book series. Thomas-Graham's career history; Educational background; Details of how she started her writing career; Description of the heroine of the Ivy League Mystery series; Details of her writing process.
- Murder With Manners. Strout, Cushing // New Republic;7/30/77, Vol. 177 Issue 5, p34
Discusses the works of novelist Cyril Hare, the pseudonym of Alfred Alexander Gordon Clark. Theme of his works; Style of his writing; His background; Appreciation of his mystery stories; Belief of Hare in "the ingenious dovetailing of professional and lay detection"; Unpopularity of Hare in the...
- Murder Most Tidy. White, Jean M. // New Republic;7/30/77, Vol. 177 Issue 5, p36
Analyzes the works of novelist Ngaio Marsh. Samples of her works; Her background; Style of her writing; Theme of his works; Discussion of human and social foibles in her books; Style of Marsh in handling the language; Traits that Marsh sometimes does neglect to get on with the main business of...
- 9/11 Changed Everything. Picker, Leonard // Publishers Weekly;5/2/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 18, p180
Presents an interview with author Reggie Nadelson. Origin of his novel character Artie Cohen; His views on making the mystery novel "Disturbed Earth"; Key reason for his focus on the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on New York.
- Crime and Punishment. // New Republic;7/17/44, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p86
Reviews the book "The Book of the Dead," by Elizabeth Daly.
- AIRING IN A CLOSED CARRIAGE (Book). // New Republic;5/17/43, Vol. 108 Issue 20, p677
Reviews the book "Airing in a Closed Carriage," by Joseph Shearing.
- The New England. // New Yorker;8/11/86, Vol. 62 Issue 25, p83
Reviews the novel "Paradise Postponed," by John Mortimer.