Simba Projects 4% Growth For Mystery Books In 2005
- Edward Conlon. Adato, Allison; Mandel, Kwala; Meltzer, Dana; Daly, Sean; Hammel, Sara; Schou, Solvej; Baker, K. C.; Debono, Fiona Galea // People;6/28/2004, Vol. 61 Issue 25, p111
Profiles Edward Conlon, a detective-writer, who wrote the bestseller 'Blue Blood.' Consideration of how he writes about the details of police work in Manhattan; His relationship with a journalist.
- A Body to Die For. White, Kate // Cosmopolitan;Jun2003, Vol. 234 Issue 6, p275
Presents information on a murder mystery. INSET: A Sneak Peek at A Body to Die For.
- Pamela Thomas-Graham SHE KNOWS WHODUNIT. Rozycki, Bob // Westchester County Business Journal;1/24/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p48
Profiles Pamela Thomas-Graham, author of the Ivy League Mystery book series. Thomas-Graham's career history; Educational background; Details of how she started her writing career; Description of the heroine of the Ivy League Mystery series; Details of her writing process.
- Murder With Manners. Strout, Cushing // New Republic;7/30/77, Vol. 177 Issue 5, p34
Discusses the works of novelist Cyril Hare, the pseudonym of Alfred Alexander Gordon Clark. Theme of his works; Style of his writing; His background; Appreciation of his mystery stories; Belief of Hare in "the ingenious dovetailing of professional and lay detection"; Unpopularity of Hare in the...
- Murder Most Tidy. White, Jean M. // New Republic;7/30/77, Vol. 177 Issue 5, p36
Analyzes the works of novelist Ngaio Marsh. Samples of her works; Her background; Style of her writing; Theme of his works; Discussion of human and social foibles in her books; Style of Marsh in handling the language; Traits that Marsh sometimes does neglect to get on with the main business of...
- 9/11 Changed Everything. Picker, Leonard // Publishers Weekly;5/2/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 18, p180
Presents an interview with author Reggie Nadelson. Origin of his novel character Artie Cohen; His views on making the mystery novel "Disturbed Earth"; Key reason for his focus on the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on New York.
- Crime and Punishment. // New Republic;7/17/44, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p86
Reviews the book "The Book of the Dead," by Elizabeth Daly.
- Crime and Punishment. E. H. // New Republic;7/25/49, Vol. 121 Issue 4, p20
Analyses the book "Dead Lion," by John Bonett and Emory Bonett, while listing various books related to murder mysteries. Comment on the private life of Cyprian Druse, the British literary lion, on which the book "Dead Lion" is based; Possible reason behind Druse's sudden demise; Information on...
- AIRING IN A CLOSED CARRIAGE (Book). // New Republic;5/17/43, Vol. 108 Issue 20, p677
Reviews the book "Airing in a Closed Carriage," by Joseph Shearing.