Bowker: Book Prices Remained Steady In 2004
- Report: Did Lower Prices Drive Increased Trade Industry Revenue? // Book Publishing Report;5/15/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on some factors that affected the sales performance of the U.S. trade book industry in 2005. According to data from R.R. Bowker LLC, the average suggested list price of books increased only slightly for most categories. Moreover, changes in format resulted to higher price of...
- The Atlantic Monthly Aggressively Alters Its Strategy. Joukhadar, Kristina // Circulation Management;Mar2004, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the move of the magazine "The Atlantic Monthly" to raise subscription price over an 18-24 month period. Reason for the move; Plan of the magazine to eliminate the worst performing third party sources of subscription; Possible result of lowering circulation levels.
- College Textbook Affordability Initiatives Proliferate as Textbook Sales Grow. // Educational Marketer;5/12/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the implications of the enactment of textbook affordability laws in the U.S. It cites that Arizona is an example with bill signed into law that requires publishers to offer instructors information on textbook pricing and content revisions. However, there is a growing...
- AAP sales report. // Publishers Weekly;9/21/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 38, p11
Presents a chart and three graphs describing book sales for July, 1998, according to the American Association of Publishers (AAP). Twelve categories of book sales.
- The Impact of Networks on the Market Size of Japanese Book Publishing. Asai, Sumiko // Publishing Research Quarterly;Dec2015, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p275
The Japanese book publishing market has tended to shrink recently. The present study investigates the timing of structural change using time-trend analysis to test whether online networking has caused the shrinkage of the print book market. The results show that a structural break occurred in...
- PRICE BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;8/1/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 30, p9
Presents the prices of several books published from 1995 to 2005.
- Korea: The Right Place for Rights Trade? Sonne-Nijhoff, Joost // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2005, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p61
This article discusses the decline of the Korean book market. The slowing growth of the Korean book market has to be seen in the light of the excellent years in 1990s. The total number of copies of new book titles in 2003 decreased by 5.1 percent and the number of new titles by 2.2 percent,...
- DE L'EDITION CAMEROUNAISE AU MARCHE INTERNATIONAL DU LIVRE. Thierry, Raphaël // African Research & Documentation;2013, Issue 123, p37
This article considers the challenges and opportunities for African publishing in an age of 'book globalisation', dominated by large multinational firms based in Europe and North America since the 1980s. 'Bibliodiversity' is desirable. Different kinds of networks have been structured for the...
- THE paper SQUEEZE. Ambroz, Jillian S. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Jun2005, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p32
Focuses on the challenges facing publishers as regards developments in the paper industry. Paper price levels from 2002-2004; Factors which can push the coated groundwood paper prices up, according to Bill Lufkin, president and founder of Lufkin Strategic Procurement; Developments in the paper...