Chrysalis Books To Divest Businesses; Names Robin Wood CEO
- Chrysalis cuts jobs at books arm. // Printing World;8/11/2005, Vol. 291 Issue 6, p13
Reports on media group Chrysalis' plans to cut jobs in an attempt to improve profitability at its books division. Launching of a consultation period; Departure from the children's and promotional book publishing sector.
- Chrysalis' loss is 5x last year's. // Billboard;12/11/99, Vol. 111 Issue 50, p70
Reports on the business losses suffered by London, England-based music and media group Chrysalis in the year ending August 31, 1999. Factors behind the firm's business losses; Plans for investments across existing ventures and other core competencies.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;10/21/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p8
Presents international news briefs related to the book publishing industry, as of October 21, 2002. Increase in the number of German public visitors at the Frankfurt Book Fair in Frankfurt, Germany; Implications of a merger between television producers Carlton and Granada for Carlton Books;...
- Jet founder set to reveal all. // Music Week;5/22/2004, Issue 20, p6
Reports on the publication of the autobiography of Don Arden, founder of Jet Records, entitled "Mr. Big" by Chrysalis Books Group PLC in Great Britain. Impact of the publication on the operating profit of Chrysalis; Market performance of the other businesses of Chrysalis.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;2/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p8
Reports developments in the global publishing sector as of February 2003. Possibility of Oxford University Press to acquire the Grove dictionaries business from Macmillan; Finalization of the acquisition of Prion by Carlton Publishing Group; Alterations in the organizational structure of...
- Chrysalis Books CEO Denies Sale Speculation. // Book Publishing Report;10/4/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p3
Reports on the disclaim of Chrysalis Books Group PLC CEO Marcus Leaver on claims that the business group in for sale in London, England. Circulation of sale rumors since books are not widely considered a core business to media conglomerate Chrysalis Group; Impact of the announcement on the weak...
- Anova Books CEO Works to Shift Focus, Improve Bottom Line. // Book Publishing Report;8/14/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p1
The article reports on the claim of Anova Books that the retrenching steps it took early in 2006 will gain higher margins compared to the previous year when the company was part of Chrysalis Books Group PLC. In the previous year, Chrysalis had experienced a loss of Â£2.4 million which made...
- Steady as you go, Johnnie... // Music Week;5/22/2004, Issue 20, p19
Reports career developments of music artists and prominent people in the music industry in Great Britain. Appearance of Johnnie Walker in the Sony Radio Awards; Publication of the autobiography of Don Arden by Chrysalis Books Group PLC; Birth of the new daughter of Nick Phillips and his wife.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;02/19/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p10
Presents news items related to publishers and publishing as of February 19, 2001. Appointment of Brian McLaughlin as managing director of HMV Media Group PLC; Plan of Chrysalis Books to acquire C&B Publishing; Resignation of Philippa Milnes-Smith as managing director of Puffin.