Rosendahl Wins L.A. Race
- L.A. gives Adelphia contract extension. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;8/5/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 44, p4
Reports on the extension granted by the city council of Los Angeles to bankrupt Adelphia Communications Corp. on its cable television franchise. Terms of the provisional agreement; Deficit owed by the company to the city; Claims of Adelphia regarding the deficit.
- C'Shores re-elects 2. Garcia, Joseph // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);5/18/2011, Vol. 139 Issue 20, p10B
The article reports on the winning of various incumbents in the city council election in Cottonwood Shores in Burnet County, Texas in May 2011 including Bill Plumley, Judy Pace, and Mary Ann Houser.
- Seven candidates file for 3 city council seats. // Inside Tucson Business;6/15/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the nominating petitions filed by seven candidates to seek the three seats up for election in 2009 on the Tucson City Council in Arizona. It reveals that the candidates include Ben Buehler, Judith Gomez and Dave Croteau. The primary election is scheduled on September 1 and...
- GOVERNMENT. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Malta;Sep2005, p3
Provides information on the government of Malta. Elections of government officials; Courts and judiciary system; Obligations of local councils under the Local Councils Act of 1993.
- How Do I Get New Councilmembers Up to Speed? // Public Management (00333611);Nov2006, Vol. 88 Issue 10, p14
The article presents a case study on how should a manager get new council members prepared for their new responsibilities. The case study provides insights from three practitioners to brief the elected council members on their responsibilities. The author of the study also conducted mini...
- City OKs L.A. Adelphia Handoff. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/5/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 51, p14
The article reports on the approval of a sale of cable franchises of Adelphia Communication Inc. to Time Warner Cable and Comcast Corp. by the Los Angeles City Council in California on November 30, 2005. The franchises of Time Warner in the city will increase after the completion of the...
- City, school elections not needed. Rushin, Cherry // Graham Leader;3/11/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 60, p1A
The article reports that the city council as well as the school board elections in Graham, Young County, Texas and Newcastle, Texas will not be required in the year 2012 as all the candidates who have filed for elections are incumbents. Candidates who have filed to take on another term include...
- NORTH CAROLINA: Light Rail's Hefty Price Tag. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/5/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32481, p37
The article reports on the growth on the cost of the City Council's ambitious light-rail project in Charlotte, North Carolina. The cost has risen about $36 million to $463 million. According to officials, the increase stems from cost overruns as well as higher costs for materials such as steel....
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Daw, Marilyn; Slivers, Jay R.; Evans, Nancy; Augustine, Damien; Gneiting, Kelly; Begaye, Adella // Navajo Times;2/6/2014, Vol. 53 Issue 6, pA-6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in previous issues including one related to role of the Navajo Nation Council to represent their nation, another regarding communities of Navajo, Arizona, and another on electing officials of the government.