GSN Tweaks Lineup With Sporty Fare
- When 39 weeks just aren't enough. Freeman, Nichael // Electronic Media;9/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p1
Focuses on the programming strategy of television networks in the U.S. Addition of reality shows to boost the rating of NBC and Fox; Reason of NBC on increasing the rotation of cost-effective reality series; Opinion of television executives on the year-round programming trend.
- TF1 lights up reality. James, Alison // Daily Variety;7/13/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 29, p8
Reports the launch of 'Star Academy', a talent-spotting reality show by TF1 in Paris, France.
- Reality lifts NBC, CBS to top slots. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;8/13/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 28, p13
Reports on the contribution of reality television series to the viewers rating of television stations in Los Angeles, California. Victory of the program 'Last Comic Standing' in the adults ratings category; Total number of viewers to the programs of CBS Corp.; Domination of men viewers to the...
- KELLNER: COSTS MAY BITE REALITY TV. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;06/06/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 3, p27
Reports the increase in the prices of reality television series in the United States. Demand for reality series by broadcast and cable networks; Impact of price increase to the industry; Comments from Jamie Kellner, chief executive officer of Turner Broadcasting and Warner Bros.
- Feevees give genre a reality check. Osborne, Magz // Variety;1/28/2002, Vol. 385 Issue 10, p23
Talks about the popularity of reality programs in Asian pay television networks. Information on a deal for reality shows signed between Sony Pictures Entertainment and AXN; Examples of reality shows that succeed in Asia; Description of reality television, according to Lesley Campbell, a senior...
- Stations putting a local spin on reality. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;1/27/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p20
Reports that an increasing number of local television stations in the U.S. are launching reality television programs. Rate of success of reality programming on network and cable television; Television stations that are broadcasting reality shows.
- REALITY SHOWS GET SEPARATE UPFRONT PITCHES. Friedman, Wayne; Linnett, Richard // Television Week;3/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p23
Reports on the move of major television broadcast networks in the U.S. to make separate reality-programming presentations to advertising agencies in 2003. Reason for the move; Percentage of schedules that may be reality-based.
- Execs wrangle reality at crix confab. McClintock, Pamela // Variety;7/19/2004, Vol. 395 Issue 9, p19
Discusses issues on television broadcasting industry highlighted at the opening of the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Los Angeles, California in July 2004. Criticisms against Fox TV regarding the broadcasting of reality television programs; Decrease in the ratings of...
- US TV. Bernstein, Jacob // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/7/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 47, p18
Reports on the negotiation between the magazine U.S. Weekly and E Entertainment Television to do a reality TV series based on the magazine's deadline closing.