Where Charter Goes Beyond Long Beach
- The best of both worlds. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Apr2005, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p3
Asserts that the cable industry could find itself in the position of being able to offer both analog and digital services if enough bandwidth is available in the United States. Tendency of other cable operators to follow Charter Communications Inc.'s digital simulcast deployment; Benefit of...
- Digital simulcast entering the next phase. // CED;Apr2005, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p8
Discusses the idea behind cable industry's migration to an all-digital platform in the United States. Cable operators' plans for the transition with digital simulcast; Charter Communications Inc.'s digital simulcast deployment; Digital simulcast plans of Adelphia Communications Corp. and Cox...
- Charter Subs Benefit From All-Digital Summit. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;12/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p44
Focuses on the significance of the digital simulcast system to Charter Communications Inc. Perception on the prospect of cable systems moving to an all-digital format; Benefits of the system to the company; Definition of digital simulcast; Requirement for the all-digital network.
- Charter bows Mag Rack. // CED;Oct2002, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p14
Reports that Charter Communications Inc. has signed a multi-year deal to offer Mag Rack programming to its digital cable subscribers.
- Starz Gets 'Smart' In Ad Test. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/23/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p10
The article reports on the plan of television programming company Starz Entertainment LLC and cable operator Charter Communications Inc. to test smart interactive advertisements that promote the premium service in the Southern California region. The test will be conducted to 400,000 cable homes,...
- DIGITAL INSERTION RIDES SIMULCAST WAVE. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p76
Offers information on digital program insertion (DPI), a system that links local advertisements into digital video channels. Overview of the advent of DPI; Details of process of DPI in simulcasting; Implications of the intersection between DPI and digital simulcast.
- MOTOROLA. // Multichannel News;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p78
Reports on the Moving Pictures Experts Group (MPEG)-2 encoders and digital advertisement splicers for digital simulcast launched by Motorola Inc. in May 2005. Claims of Marty Stein, senior director for marketing for digital medial solutions group, on the MPEG-2 encoders; Information on the...
- Comcast Encodes Nationally, Inserts Locally. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p78
Reports on the decision of Comcast Corp. to begun the process of implementing digital advertising simulcast across its subscriber base using the Comcast Media Center (CMC) in May 2005. Information on CMC; Application of the concept of multiplexing in digital simulcasting; Plans of the company...
- VoIP. // CableFAX Daily;10/6/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 194, p2
Reports on a digital telephone being launched by Charter in Inland Empire and High Desert, California. Subscription fees for the telephone system.